News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Et Tu, Canada?

Started by grahamers, March 18, 2009, 04:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PipeBox

Oh, he can believe whatever he wants, so long as he has his facts straight.  An understanding of science is sorta part of the job.  If he were willing to live in cognitive dissonance to maintain his position, a conflict between his comprehensive understanding of evolution and his desire for the Bible to be truth and/or to not be an evolved life form, that'd be fine.  I really doubt this is the case.  In fact, if you read the article, you'll find it isn't.

*EDIT*

He has since "clarified" that he does indeed believe in evolution.  To prove this to us, he gave a comment describing exactly what it is not.  Guy is a chiropractor.  I've got to ask Canada again: WTH?
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar

Tanker

Quote from: "Will"Canada is generally a lot smarter and more capable than their neighbors to the south, especially when it comes to government. They've got more than 2 political parties, a budget surplus, a very low crime rate, universal health care, and a slew of other things. Sure, Canada gave us Celene Dion, but we forgave them for that years ago. As an American, the last thing I want is for Canada to make the same mistakes we're making. I'm having a tough enough time trying to clean up our messes.

I would just like to point out that America does infact have more then two political parties. We have dozens of others but added together they probably don't make up more then 10% of 15% of the total. That is of course not take into account all the people registered as independent so they don't have to vote for a paticular candidate only because they are a party member. Everything was right on as far as I know.

That said I think it's ridiculous for a science minister to be so totaly ignorant of science, that seems like something Bush would pull.

I'm curious what are the religious demogrphics of Canada? What is your percentage of Atheists? (I'm to lazy to look it up myself.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.