News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

My Squidoo Lenses, Every Click Helps!

Started by Kylyssa, March 13, 2009, 06:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylyssa

So, I've put up some lenses on Squidoo, mostly pointing to my other web content.  Every view earns me a small amount of money so take a look if any of these topics seem interesting.  Many thanks for your support!

An Atheist View
What Evolution Isn't
Kylyssa's Fondant Birthday Cakes
Saltwater Aquarium DIY Projects
Florist Tips On Buying, Ordering, Arranging, and Caring For Flowers
What I Learned While Being Homeless

Kylyssa

I just added more cakes to my Fondant Cake page.  The beer can cake pretty much looks like I was drunk when I made it, but really, it was just a series of FUBARs combined with a shaky hand.

rlrose328

Wow, Kylyssa... your cakes are amazing!  LOVE the pizza one... do you deliver?   :D
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Whitney

I also really like the pizza cake.

Quote from: "Kylyssa"I just added more cakes to my Fondant Cake page.  The beer can cake pretty much looks like I was drunk when I made it, but really, it was just a series of FUBARs combined with a shaky hand.

What if you cut out circles and stacked them (perhaps with a support bar in the middle like they use on the Food Network cake shows)?  I thought the lettering looked good.

Kylyssa

Quote from: "Whitney"I also really like the pizza cake.

Quote from: "Kylyssa"I just added more cakes to my Fondant Cake page.  The beer can cake pretty much looks like I was drunk when I made it, but really, it was just a series of FUBARs combined with a shaky hand.

What if you cut out circles and stacked them (perhaps with a support bar in the middle like they use on the Food Network cake shows)?  I thought the lettering looked good.

I considered it but I was having a very shaky hand day and was daunted by the prospect of applying fondant onto a vertical surface in that state.  The recipient liked it and it was one of the most tasty cakes I've ever made.  I used a lot of butter and home made vanilla extract.  I am thinking of posting the pictures of the process on that one and titling them - "How NOT to Make a Beer Can Cake."  I was laughing at myself the whole time on that one.  The picture of the cake bursting out of the aluminum foil form is priceless.

The Miller High Life cake was for my sort of sister-in-law's kind of husband.

Kylyssa

Thanks for all your views and support!  I have added a new one to the list:
How To Make Decorating Fondant for Cakes

Kylyssa

And here's my latest - Writing from a Homeless Heart - fiction and poetry inspired by my time spent homeless.  If you aren't looking for flowers and fuzzy bunnies, you might enjoy some of this work.

Kylyssa

Update:
I've added some new lenses and updated and overhauled some old ones.

An Atheist View - Seriously overhauled 4-29-09.
What Evolution Isn't
Kylyssa's Fondant Birthday Cakes - Added a cake and overhauled 4-26-09
How To Make Decorating Fondant for Cakes - New on 4-19-09, updated 4-29-09.
Saltwater Aquarium DIY Projects
Florist Tips On Buying, Ordering, Arranging, and Caring For Flowers
What I Learned While Being Homeless
Do It Yourself Tulip Wedding Flowers - New on 4-27-09.
The Ten Most Popular Wedding Flowers and What You Should Know Before Choosing Them - New on 4-27-09.
Writing From a Homeless Heart - New on 4-21-09, updated on 4-28-09.

I give my many thanks for your continued support.  Your views have helped me earn enough through these venues to afford two doctor visits plus my monthly prescriptions.

Kylyssa

SSY

I want a puffer fish now. Also, I hope those doctor visits helped you out.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Kylyssa

They were very helpful.  I am now on a medication that is doing wonders for my chronic pain.  Now if only we can get these fevers under control, I'll be back in business!

Kylyssa

I've added two more lenses on Squidoo, one of which I'm pretty excited about, the other of which is pretty damned adorable.

Ask an Atheist

Rupert Does Cute, Silly Pictures of a Ginger Cat

Kylyssa

JillSwift

Quote from: "Kylyssa"And for my latest addition - How to Make a Cute Skull Cake
Oh, that's adorable.

Um... it's not just for teen girls anymore, my sweetie's getting a Cute Skull Cake tomorrow! :D
[size=50]Teleology]