Main Menu

F

Started by maestroanth, March 08, 2009, 11:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maestroanth

F
F

Squid

Just to clarify...you've had an increase in muscle mass or it just feels that way?  I'm just trying to understand exactly what's going on.  Are you doing any strength training or taking any supplements or anything like that?  Because that could definitely contribute.

AlP

I'm not quite sure what you're asking but I hope this helps.

Both men and women produce the sex hormones estrogen and testosterone (and others) but in different ratios. Men have mostly testosterone and women have mostly estrogen. I don't know if estrogen is useful at all for men. But for women, their testosterone affects their sex drive. These hormones have an effect both before and after puberty. Even before birth these hormones affect the development of the fetus. For example they cause the male fetus to develop a penis. They go on to affect you for your whole life. In men, testosterone increases body and facial hair, muscle development and a deepening of the voice among other things. You see the ongoing effect of these hormones when you change a person's hormone ratio so they are outside of the usual balance for their gender. For example, give a man extra estrogen and he will develop breasts and his sex drive can be reduced.
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

Will

Your symptoms aren't those of high testosterone. High testosterone generally means increased energy, inability to concentrate, easier to anger and frustration, and confusion. If you're more easily agitated, and are baiting people into fights, I suppose it's possible you may have an excess of testosterone.

Large arms are likely a sign that you're continuing to develop into your adult frame. Many men don't stop developing physically until they're in their mid 20s. My shoulders became much more broad between the ages of 22 and 24. Not only am I much stronger, but it's easier to put on muscle mass. According to my physician and personal trainer, this is average in their patients/customers.

If you're honestly concerned, you should speak to a physician, but so far I don't read anything for you to be concerned about.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

maestroanth

F