News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

How did you come up with your forum name?

Started by NaturaLCalamity, February 23, 2009, 09:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturaLCalamity

Hello to all. I don't think this thread has been created yet, but I was wondering how you came up with your name? I'm sure it'll be interesting to hear how and why you chose them, especially Curiosityandthecat. For some reason, I just love that name. =)

Any who, let's get this topic started.

NaturalCalamity is a japanese band that I absolutely love. I've tried searching for any info on them like wikipedia, but there are none. They're from Japan and their music is timeless. A friend of mine, who used to live in Japan, moved to California and let me borrow their CD's one day, and I fell in love. If you ever get a chance to listen to them, do it. Oh yeah, just letting you all know, they sing in English, not Japanese. Here is a song I found on youtube by NaturalCalamity. Please listen to it, it's a gorgeous song. It makes me want to fly in outer space whenever I'm listening to this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxjEvFHEYn4

Your turn!
"Put your hands to the constellations, the way you look should be a sin, you're my sinsation...
I know I'm preachin' to the congregation, we love Jesus but you'd learned a lot from Satan!
May the Lord forgive us, May the Gods be with us
In that magic hour, I've seen good christians, make rash decisions
Oh she do it, what happened to Religion? Oh sh

Will

My first screen name here was Willravel, Will being my first name and Ravel referencing Maurice Ravel, my favorite composer.

Now it's just Will. Being my first name.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Msblue

I like this topic already. Mine is from when I was more of an optimist. It's about seeing the world from a more sunny point of view (blue sky).

McQ

Hey, I learned another new thing today. I wondered where the "Ravel" came from in Will's name before.

Mine is from a John Wayne movie......

......no, I'm lying.

It's the first three letters of my last name, and it's been my nickname my whole life, pronounced "Mi-KYOO".

Boring, but it works.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

karadan

Mine has been the name i've used for online games since 2003. There was no reason for me to choose it other than i like how it sounds. I was told recently that 'Karadan' is a planet in the book, Dune.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

VanReal

Mine comes from, what my son says, a total lack of creativity.  It's a variation of my first and last name  :secret:
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

Ihateyoumike

A few years back I was setting up an online poker account to play against my older brother with. His name is Mike. I thought it would be funny to make my screen name Ihateyoumike, and he thinks it's pretty funny too. I've used it online ever since.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

SteveS

Heh, I'm with VanReal on this one.  My real name is "Steve".  I figured it was too common, so I used the first letter of my last name, "S", at the end.  Bingo, "SteveS".  Not terribly creative......but at least it is short and easy to type/remember!

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

Whitney

Mine use to be "LaetusAtheos" which was what I figured out to be the Latin translation for Happy Athiest.  But, when Will switched to his real name, I thought it was a good idea and changed mine too.

Cemetery

SSY

Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

gwyn428

The first part of my username, gwyn, is the name that I identify myself as and what I will eventually legally change my name to. I prefer it over my male name because Gwyn is unisex and my gender identity is male/female. The 428 part is simply my birthday; April 28.

Chimera

Mine has a few explanations. When I first chose it, for another forum, I was trying to think up something that sounded mysterious and mythical. I've had a lifelong interest in mythology, particularly from Greece. I also saw a Discovery Channel show about chimerism once and it was pretty interesting...so it ties in with my interests in science as well. I guess you could go deeper and say it has something to do with my still being "in the closet" as an atheist or something...lol.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

Squid

Mine is a nod to my time spent as a squid in the Navy.