News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's the best list of transitional fossils you've found?

Started by Kylyssa, February 22, 2009, 04:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylyssa

I'm looking for good lists of transitional fossils to whip out whenever I get the "but there ain't transitional fossils" argument.  Do you have any favorite lists?  I've found a few but I'm looking for the mother of all lists or perhaps to create a link list of transitional fossil pages.  

Thank you!

Will

There's a video on Youtube that lists almost every known transitional fossil at high speed. iirc, the video is like 8 minutes long and shows several fossils a second. I'll see if I can find it.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Twiddler

[youtube:oa0rfcx9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIijwkaqKzY[/youtube:oa0rfcx9]

Is this what you were looking for?

Will

Quote from: "Twiddler"[youtube:1est000e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIijwkaqKzY[/youtube:1est000e]

Is this what you were looking for?
Yes! Thanks very much!  :hail:
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Kylyssa

maestroanth

Quote from: "Kylyssa"I'm looking for good lists of transitional fossils to whip out whenever I get the "but there ain't transitional fossils" argument.  Do you have any favorite lists?  I've found a few but I'm looking for the mother of all lists or perhaps to create a link list of transitional fossil pages.  

Thank you!

Sorry I'm drinking some I'm coming up with "other thoughts".

I know my knowledge is "old age" but dinosaurs were my passion from my young years between 8 - (well still)

As a kid I just cared about dinosaurs, know I care about everything from that prehistoric age.

I'm lame, I've even studyed the seperation of the (I think) pangea as the land masses broke apart; and obseved diagrams between the Triassic, Jurassic, Cretacious (and more when I was younger); and was obsessed with these creatures!

Imagine what they could've evolved into if the comet (I have skepticalism how this unfolds w/e) hit, which killed those reptiles which allowed mammals to evolve (I need more proof for this; I find holes in this logic).  

There is significant proof (and I believe as well) that the comet really killed the reptiles, but it was really the cold year is what killed the reptiles (not the directly the comet), and since mammals are warm blooded; yes that makes sense.

What is interesting, that in the late cretacious creatures such as Velociraptor (don't be lied by Jurassic Park, they were only 4 feet tall) had a brain cranium bigger than ours!  But yet their bodies weighed 1000 pounds (due to length).