News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Nova: Judgment Day to air again Tues Feb 10

Started by JackHandyDeepThinker, February 05, 2009, 06:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackHandyDeepThinker

I wanted to give everyone a heads up that the Nova episode called Judgment Day will be airing again on Tuesday Feb 10, 2009. This program is about the Dover, PA case in which a group of reasonable and rational people challenged the efforts of some disguised religious fundamentalists to teach intelligent design as science in the public school classrooms. It was a very long trial in 2005 and led to an outstanding legal decision by a Republican appointed Federal Judge. He basically found ID to be nothing more than creationism dressed up to look like science. This program originally aired in Nov 2007. I highly recommend it! Similar battles are being fought all across the country now. Very timely considering the current machinations in the Texas School Board.

G.ENIGMA

Quote from: "JackHandyDeepThinker"I wanted to give everyone a heads up that the Nova episode called Judgment Day will be airing again on Tuesday Feb 10, 2009. This program is about the Dover, PA case in which a group of reasonable and rational people challenged the efforts of some disguised religious fundamentalists to teach intelligent design as science in the public school classrooms. It was a very long trial in 2005 and led to an outstanding legal decision by a Republican appointed Federal Judge. He basically found ID to be nothing more than creationism dressed up to look like science. This program originally aired in Nov 2007. I highly recommend it! Similar battles are being fought all across the country now. Very timely considering the current machinations in the Texas School Board.

For anyone who cant wait or misses it - you can catch it here

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2613200911
To those who are overly cautious, everything seems impossible.

Nazzer

It's a great episode. Completely demolishes the ideas of intelligent design being anything more than creationism relabeled, disproves the major examples of irreducible complexity, and is a really awesome episode.