News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Why I'm an Atheist

Started by AirrickAnthony, February 01, 2009, 12:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirrickAnthony

I recently posted a video on my youtube page talking about why I'm an Atheist and why Christianity doesn't make sense. Here's a link the the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rima23_dsd8 Watch it and let me know what you think. Whether you agree or disagree, let me know you're opinions.

GodlessInND

Well said.  I've often made the same arguments, especially the one about making damned sure you do everything in your power to avoid hell--because if you really believe that place is real, why would you take any chances?  The thing that disappoints me the most about believers is that they credit god for everything good, but blame people (specifically people who don't agree with their narrow world view) for all the bad stuff.  For example, they talk about god hearing their prayers for the safe return of a child or the remission of cancer, but don't consider for a second that god may have had something to do with the missing kid or the appearance of the cancer in the first place.  They deny their fellow human beings the credit they deserve for making their "miracles" possible--the volunteers and law enforcement officials that worked around the clock, the doctors and researchers that made medical treatment a success.  That saddens me.  

(On a totally unrelated note:  is that a Borg smiley?  Wicked!   :borg: )

Will

"Deep down, no Christian truly believes in God." I like that. There aren't really any Christians that truly follow all of the teachings and rules of the Bible. If there were, he or she would be arrested for murder almost immediately.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

NearBr0ken

I spoke to a theist a few days ago.  I basically told him that if he really believed that God was watching him and cared for him, he should quit his job.  That effectively ended the argument.

keith2004

Great Video, I had to  roflol  when you said Almighty Space Daddy, but overall Good point.

I really think alot of Christians Just kinda go along with it...
[size=150] Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. - Anonymous[/size]