News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

WWGHA forum down....for good?

Started by Whitney, October 24, 2006, 01:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

It looks like the account has been suspended.  I'm going to try e-mailing the webmaster but if the account is really suspended the e-mail probably won't get to anyone.  I'll let everyone know if I get a response....if I don't get one by next week and the site is still down I might try sending MB an e-mail.

I know they regularly back up the forum so I'm sure they can get it set back up right where everyone left off if they were dropped from the host for some odd reason....is this the work of the evil theist conspiracy? :evil:  (btw, the god is imaginary site is up and running)

Marke

Well, the good news is that WWGHA being down has got me to sign up here but I sure hope they come back, I was JUST coming up on the 100 posts needed to "bless" folk for great posts.

M

JNTB

If GII is still up, WWGHA must be having a technical glitch, like someone forgot to pay the renewal fee. Maybe the redirector got hosed -- anyone know the IP address?

I can't imagine Marshall would just put an axe to the site.

Edit: WWGHA is up!
Religion is a pyramid scheme with 501(c)(3) tax-free status.

Whitney

It's back up...
Quote from: "WWGHA Admin"Thanks so much for writing! It was a simple problem... Just took time to make its way through the system.

MommaSquid

So does this mean the WWGHA members who panicked and joined HAF won't be coming back?

This must be how the mistress feels.   :cry:

JNTB

Quote from: "MommaSquid"So does this mean the WWGHA members who panicked and joined HAF won't be coming back?

Ha ha ha ha!  That's pretty good!
Religion is a pyramid scheme with 501(c)(3) tax-free status.

Marke

Quote from: "MommaSquid"So does this mean the WWGHA members who panicked and joined HAF won't be coming back?

no my little squid, I am here.
 :D
M

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Marke"no my little squid, I am here.
 :D

Revenant

And... it's down again - I guess someone forgot to put 50p in the meter... GII is still up though.

mikex

HAL here -

I wrote the hosting site an email. They said the payment of $249 has not been received. They said only the owner can pay it. I emailed and also telephoned the owner, Mr. Brain, but so far no response. Where the heck is Admin? Didn't this happen last year?

Your site is suspended due to non payment. You have an invoice due for $249.35. Please make the payment as possible and your site will be online.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Henry
Ez Web Hosting Inc.

Revenant

Quote from: "mikex"HAL here -

I wrote the hosting site an email. They said the payment of $249 has not been received. They said only the owner can pay it. I emailed and also telephoned the owner, Mr. Brain, but so far no response. Where the heck is Admin? Didn't this happen last year?

Yep, this happened last year. I've done a 'report to moderator' from the (graveyard) GII forum and sent a message to GIIVideo @YouTube.

Only $249 for a year? I'm tempted to offer to take it off their hands if they can't keep up the payments on it.

mikex

I tried to figure out if it was a dedicated server or not. If it was a dedicated server - the cost is $249per month. If shared, about $20 month. Do you think it was on a dedicated server Revenant?

Revenant

Quote from: "mikex"I tried to figure out if it was a dedicated server or not. If it was a dedicated server - the cost is $249per month. If shared, about $20 month. Do you think it was on a dedicated server Revenant?

I don't know. $249.35 is exactly twelve lots of $19.95/mo plus $9.95 for EZ Site Builder activation. Given that WWGHA Forums gets no more than 35 users on at once, and has under 400,000 posts, it could easily be on the top tier shared package.

mikex

Quote from: "Revenant"I don't know. $249.35 is exactly twelve lots of $19.95/mo plus $9.95 for EZ Site Builder activation. Given that WWGHA Forums gets no more than 35 users on at once, and has under 400,000 posts, it could easily be on the top tier shared package.

Shoot - I'd pay the $20 a month just for the entertainment value :-)

Revenant

Quote from: "mikex"
Quote from: "Revenant"I don't know. $249.35 is exactly twelve lots of $19.95/mo plus $9.95 for EZ Site Builder activation. Given that WWGHA Forums gets no more than 35 users on at once, and has under 400,000 posts, it could easily be on the top tier shared package.

Shoot - I'd pay the $20 a month just for the entertainment value :-)

Best let me do it, it's only £10 a month for me - I love your exchange rate right now  :evil: