News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Mr. B

Saw them in Charleston, SC back in 96 at Wave Fest. The first song they played was Pepper. After the song Gibby straight up said that they just played the one song everyone wanted to hear so ya'll can go home now. And he waited a few minutes. And many many people did leave.

Then he spent the rest of the time playing to his real fans.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

No one

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Mr. B

heard some people were shocked and offended to see a video leaked of Snoop Dogg smoking the reefer before the half time performance at the super bowl.

I'm like...um
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Magdalena

You guys remember this one?
:lol:

:sadcheer:
No?

I didn't think so.  :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Mr. B

No one

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Mr. B on February 28, 2022, 01:15:01 AM
heard some people were shocked and offended to see a video leaked of Snoop Dogg smoking the reefer before the half time performance at the super bowl.

I'm like...um
:picard facepalm:
People still freak out about weed?
Really!?

No one

People freak out any little disturbance to their fragile little tranquil delusion.

Especially when said disturbance isn't what they consider civil, or polished to their standards.

People suck!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on February 28, 2022, 04:41:49 PM
Quote from: Mr. B on February 28, 2022, 01:15:01 AM

I'm like...um
:picard facepalm:
People still freak out about weed?
Really!?
Yes, but they are mainly White, Christian, M'erican Republicans....MAGASSES!

Quote from: No one on February 28, 2022, 10:05:03 PM
People freak out any little disturbance to their fragile little tranquil delusion.

Especially when said disturbance isn't what they consider civil, or polished to their standards.

People suck!

These same sucky people would have had no issues if that had been some white guy, like Frank Sinatra taking a sip of alcohol...they are fucking hypocrites.

So here is some music from the unbelievably talented, and beautiful singer, song-writer and guitarist Gaby Moreno...

The Weed Smoker's Dream

This is my favorite song by her and this live version is awesome (She's a wonderful guitarist as well)

La MalagueƱa - Gaby Moreno | Live from Here with Chris Thile

I'm secretly in love with Gaby, so please no one say anything to Selma...shhhhhh :smokin cool:

I edited to add the last track of her performing La Malaguena as it's incredible!!!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on February 28, 2022, 10:05:03 PM

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on March 01, 2022, 03:04:40 PM
These same sucky people would have had no issues if that had been some white guy, like Frank Sinatra taking a sip of alcohol...they are fucking hypocrites.

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on March 01, 2022, 03:04:40 PM

I'm secretly in love with Gaby, so please no one say anything to Selma...shhhhhh :smokin cool:

I edited to add the last track of her performing La Malaguena as it's incredible!!!

Very nice! I love this song!

Mr. B

Speaking of Chris Thile, In a city a long long time ago, there was a festival. Blue Plum they called it. He and a couple of friends had formed a band called Nickle Creek. They signed a deal to be one of the headliners of said street festival in a small town located deep in the heart of the southern Appalachian mountains. A few months before their sceduled performance they won a Grammy. Did Chris and the gang renege? Did they demand more money? No.

I remember seeing their tour bus but at that time in particular, I had never heard of them. I did not go to the festival that year. Opportunities missed.

The gang went their seperate ways a short while later.

Here he is with some of the most talented musicians in their field.

That's Chris Thile, Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer, and Aoife O'Donovan.