News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 07, 2020, 04:12:45 AM

Nice choice Mags 8)

Here's Mr Fogerty himself playing some of CCR's hits recently during the pandemic, and I have to say he's still got it! (72 years young!)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

This appeared on my recommended videos list. All those memories of my teenage years come flooding back...

If you ignore the vulgar lyrics the tune's actually quite catchy, I think.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I'm listening to a lot of songs I used to listen to as an angsty teenager. I'm way too embarrassed to mention which songs. :shifty:

No one

Look at it this way, in 100 years, who's going to care?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on April 10, 2020, 02:58:27 AM
Look at it this way, in 100 years, who's going to care?

No one...

:grin:

xSilverPhinx

Davin

That's a really good version of Blue Monday.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on April 10, 2020, 04:10:50 PM
That's a really good version of Blue Monday.

Yeah :grin: I've listened to it over and over and over again  ;D

Biggus Dickus

hermes2015

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 12, 2020, 04:30:36 AM
A little Gene Kelly.

Good choice. The world is divided into Gene Kelly types or Fred Astaire types. I am definitely a Gene Kelly man.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Life is a bit unsettling at this time.  If you choose to come down a little bit, then listen to this piece of music that is soothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8o7SpV6vZ8

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 12, 2020, 05:09:18 AM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 12, 2020, 04:30:36 AM
A little Gene Kelly.

Good choice. The world is divided into Gene Kelly types or Fred Astaire types. I am definitely a Gene Kelly man.

I admire both of these men quite a bit. Fred was extremely graceful, and there was a level of perfectionism to his movement that was simply amazing. A supremely gifted singer, but an even more gifted dancer. (I had an Uncle Alphonse who he reminded me of)

Here he is at 71 years of age dancing at the Oscars, and why they didn't give him a standing ovation for this amazing performance we'll never know!

However. Like you, Gene was my man. Loved his voice, better singer than Fred I think, and his athletic style of dance and movement was way ahead of his time.

Plus besides being a lifelong Democrat he was an agnostic.

Here he is with the lovely Judy Garland.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.