News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

MariaEvri

maybe the best drummer in the world
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Firebird

Sharon Jones. She passed away yesterday at the age of 60. If you've never heard of her, check her out, she was an amazing soul singer. I got to see her three times, once after her cancer diagnosis and dealing with chemo, and every time she brought the house down. Some of the best shows I've ever seen.
2016 has just royally sucked in so many ways. My kid may have been the only thing that could have saved it.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

I would listen to this over and over again when I was a teenager. Brings back memories.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Davin

I also like this one by Prodigy
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on November 23, 2016, 01:56:40 PM

Cool one, Davin... Never heard Prodigy before.

Here's one of my faves with the same name:

Davin

I like that one. I've only been familiar with this Cherry Poppin Daddies song
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Zoot Suit's their most famous, I think. They also did "Jump in the Line" for Beatlejuice.

They've got some great songs. The music and lyrics are at odds in many of them, and that's part of the appeal for me.
Bleeding Ceremony is another good one (as long as you're not in a depressed mood, that is)

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on November 23, 2016, 01:56:40 PM

I hadn't heard that one before.  8)

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx