News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Quote from: Radiant on August 16, 2015, 04:29:42 PM
That's strange, when you listen to them, it sounds like you're hearing a full marching band, complete with flutes and clarinets!

Those instruments are kind of blowing my mind. xD
They're cheap on eBay...maybe for kicks, after I get my plastic Fluegel in October....
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
Epicurus [341-270 B.C.E.]

"And do you think that unto such as you,
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew,
God gave the Secret, and denied it me?-
Well, well, what matters it! believe that too."
Rubaiyat, R. Le Gallienne, transl.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Harmonie

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Larry

Nice...

I always try to catch Millennium of Music, a weekly radio show hosted by Robert Aubry Davis...
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
Epicurus [341-270 B.C.E.]

"And do you think that unto such as you,
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew,
God gave the Secret, and denied it me?-
Well, well, what matters it! believe that too."
Rubaiyat, R. Le Gallienne, transl.

Biggus Dickus

I've been playing Miles Davis all morning, started with Porgy and Bess, than Amandla, and now Sketches of Spain.

Concierto De Aranjuez

I love this music. Well love is probably the wrong word, don't really know the right word to describe jazz, or how much I enjoy listening to Miles. I have more of his music, CD's even some old records than any other musician.

Miles said that, "Jazz is the big brother of Revolution. Revolution follows it around". 

I like that. Jazz is not the beginning, nor is it the end, and it's not quite the middle. It's like how Steinbeck describes dusk,..."the time between sunset and the lighting of the street light. There is a small quiet gray period then."

The gray period is Jazz, and Miles is the short pause between breathes.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tom62

I was listening to the musical Chess
Now I'm listening to some  Dutch pop music from the 80's, like Golden Earring - When The Lady Smiles
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Icarus

Taimane Gardner on you tube. She plays the Ukelele with considerable competance, some pop, some classic.

Magdalena

Party time! Fo' no reason.

"Groove Is In The Heart" - Deee-Lite

I'll sing
Dancer Davin (with yellow pants)
DJ Asmo (with the synth)
Bruno (with the guitar)
Rapper Crow (Rapping)
Larry (with the sax)
Everyone else...dance!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Claireliontamer

Claireliontamer

Tom62

I'm listening to one of my favourite musicals and hilariously funny movie
BTW: anyone scared of having a dentist appointment?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on September 02, 2015, 09:45:56 PM
BTW: anyone scared of having a dentist appointment?
I hate you.  >:(

I hate you.

Crow

Just had my iTunes on shuffle and Public Image Ltd.- Religion came on, I have never listened to it but has been on various hard drives for over a decade.
Retired member.

Magdalena