News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariaEvri

alice cooper-santa clause is coming to town
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

joeactor

Asmodean

Really?  :(

...And look at those haircuts!  :(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Piano Concerto in Eb major by Jan Ladislav Dussek, whoever the hell he is.  Nice music, though.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Pasta Chick

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

OldGit

Not now, but last night we went to a lovely concert of English Renaissance choral music in the Cathedral.  Mainly Byrd, Tallis and Gibbons.

No microphones or amplifiers, but that choir of ten filled the big space with beautiful sound; even the odd solo piece came across more than adequately.  Properly trained singers in a well-designed acoustic space need no electricity at all.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: OldGit on December 11, 2014, 10:59:07 AM
Not now, but last night we went to a lovely concert of English Renaissance choral music in the Cathedral.  Mainly Byrd, Tallis and Gibbons.

No microphones or amplifiers, but that choir of ten filled the big space with beautiful sound; even the odd solo piece came across more than adequately.  Properly trained singers in a well-designed acoustic space need no electricity at all.

That sounds lovely, I would really enjoy something like that, I'm full of envy.

By "Cathedral" do you mean a specific famous Cathedral or something local to where you live?

OldGit

Sorry, I should have said Hereford Cathedral.  We live a few miles from Hereford, so to us it's THE cathedral.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: OldGit on December 11, 2014, 07:04:49 PM
Sorry, I should have said Hereford Cathedral.  We live a few miles from Hereford, so to us it's THE cathedral.

That's a pretty impressive Cathedral, and I can imagine the acoustics aren't too shabby either.  (I just love to visit old Churches and Cathedrals like this) and they have a rather decent website with an online 360 degree tour you can take which was really cool, I swear I could smell the centuries of burning incense (Not to mention OldGits aftershave)

Would love to visit, maybe someday.

Here's a link to the website.