News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

All the tenants I interview aren't good enough

Started by Whitney, December 30, 2008, 02:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

I don't know if this is serious or not, but it sure is funny (or sad if it's serious).  Since the ad could be removed from craigslist I'm going to paste the whole thing here.  I found it using Stumble!

QuoteAll the tenants I interview aren't good enough (Broadway and Commercial)
Reply to: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rnr/964514051.html

McQ

Sounds like a prison! Geez, wonder why no nibbles on this one?  :lol:
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

karadan

Oh my goodness!! That is so ridiculous it's comical.

Almost all of those terms and conditions would be illegal in the UK. I'm not sure what the laws are like in the US but here, a landlord has to give 24 hours notice before visiting the property. Unannounced visits are technically illegal. A landlord in the UK would not have the right or legal power to fine anyone for anything although they do reserve the right to ask tennants to leave with notice and can hold onto the deposit if they have a good reason. Drug screening certainly would NOT be legal. That is a blatant infringement of human rights. As is turning the lights on and off at specified times. I can't believe that man thinks he has the right to let himself into the flat at any time and rummage through the tennants stuff. No wonder the ad keeps getting taken down.

That man is completely deluded if he thinks people will pay to be in a christian prison.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

bowmore

Quote from: "karadan"Almost all of those terms and conditions would be illegal in the UK.

Likewise in Belgium.
"Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people."

House M.D.

Msblue

Quote from: "bowmore"
Quote from: "karadan"Almost all of those terms and conditions would be illegal in the UK.

Likewise in Belgium.

It would probably be illegal in most, if not all U.S states. I thought it was real until the the prison like conditions started. With fundies your never know.

LARA

That is a good one!  Is it real or satire?  It's just so close to reality, I can't tell.  Loved it.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
                                                                                                                    -Winston Smith, protagonist of 1984 by George Orwell

G.ENIGMA

I wonder why he has to keep putting it up on the site ... No takers I Guess ;)
To those who are overly cautious, everything seems impossible.

Miss Anthrope

I kind of suspect it's a joke, but if it's not this is not a garden variety fundamentalist. The theme of control is so pervasive it goes far beyond reason, this is a person who would feel right at home working in 1984's Ministry of Love. No wonder the rent is so cheap, this person isn't in it for the money, the ridiculous penalties would seem to contradict this but they're actually even more telling.
How big is the smallest fish in the pond? You catch one hundred fishes, all
of which are greater than six inches. Does this evidence support the hypothesis
that no fish in the pond is much less than six inches long? Not if your
net can’t catch smaller fish. -Nick Bostrom