News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Athiesm and sex

Started by Messenger, December 17, 2008, 10:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraitchel

What are you thinking? If your god suddenly disappeared, would you think, "Oh goody, now I can go fuck my mother, eat my best friend, and kill the clerk at the convenience store?"

Your view of us godless folk says more about you than it does about us.

Whitney

I seem to recall a story from the bible where two girls get their father drunk in order to impregnate themselves....

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "laetusatheos"I seem to recall a story from the bible where two girls get their father drunk in order to impregnate themselves....

This calls for one of my sexy parties!

...wait, what?
-Curio

oldschooldoc

Quote from: "Wraitchel"What are you thinking? If your god suddenly disappeared, would you think, "Oh goody, now I can go fuck my mother, eat my best friend, and kill the clerk at the convenience store?"

Your view of us godless folk says more about you than it does about us.

It says a lot more about him. It says he is ignorant, and ignorant is one of the last things I would want to be called.
OldSchoolDoc

"I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose freewill" - Neil Peart
"Imagine there's no Heaven, it's easy if you try..." - John Lennon

Sophus

I think you should:

1. Find a good hospital
2. Check into their Department of Mental Health
3. Get yourself a nice new jacket
4. Host a tea party with god and your other imaginary buddies in your new special room.

Yes Messenger, we atheists follow some morals. Some of which happen to be in the Christian faith. But guess what, some of your morals align with the teachings of the Koran. So why aren't you Muslim? Hitler thought the sky was blue too. Why aren't you a Nazi? I'm assuming it's because they have other principles you detest. Christianity is filled with these so called "morals" that run contrary to my moral fiber. The moral fiber your god programmed me with. So really, if I followed all of his teachings I would feel guilty for betraying my scruples. Just because you and I may share a few beliefs (such as incest being wrong) doesn't mean I should be a Christian anymore than it does proves God's existence.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Wechtlein Uns

I think there is some connection between taboo incest and the underlying psychological need for children to separate with their parents.Pyschologically speaking, it's never good to repress unwanted urges. Often infants have been shown, pyschologically, to want a symbolic union with their mother. But it is part of the process of growing up that infants usually lose this urge in favor of younger, hotter potential mates. Still, the lack of this developmental growth could imply a lack of emotional maturity.
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Wechtlein Uns"I think there is some connection between taboo incest and the underlying psychological need for children to separate with their parents.Pyschologically speaking, it's never good to repress unwanted urges. Often infants have been shown, pyschologically, to want a symbolic union with their mother. But it is part of the process of growing up that infants usually lose this urge in favor of younger, hotter potential mates. Still, the lack of this developmental growth could imply a lack of emotional maturity.

Dr. Freud? Dr. Freud? Please pick up line one. There's a call for you.

:D
-Curio

Wechtlein Uns

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
Quote from: "Wechtlein Uns"I think there is some connection between taboo incest and the underlying psychological need for children to separate with their parents.Pyschologically speaking, it's never good to repress unwanted urges. Often infants have been shown, pyschologically, to want a symbolic union with their mother. But it is part of the process of growing up that infants usually lose this urge in favor of younger, hotter potential mates. Still, the lack of this developmental growth could imply a lack of emotional maturity.

Dr. Freud? Dr. Freud? Please pick up line one. There's a call for you.

:D
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

SSY

I registered just to weigh in on the absurdity of this topic.

I can suppose then, that if the bible were corrected ( new prophet, god spoke to you in a dream or somesuch), to allow incest, there would be nothing stopping you getting the log over on your mother?

As for incest in general, there has been some interesting research in the area post freud.

The westermarck effect is well documented, with its main outcome being to dissuade sibling intercourse. this effect is marked not only with biological siblings, but also adopted ones. Its absence can produce striking effects with regards to genetic sexual attraction( relations being inexplicabley attracted to each other due to similar facial features, shared personality traits etc ).

The intermarrying of cousins is also nothing new, Cousin marrying carries the effects of GSA, as well as being a convenient way to keep wealth within a family/clan structure. Consanguinity studies have shown the birth defect risk due to first cousins reproducing is similar to that penalty accrued by giving birth at a later stage of life. however over successive generations, this effect is much more marked.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

brekfustuvluzerz

how much asinine bullshit can you post in this forum before you get the boot? messenger, you have not contributed a single logical statement in any one of you posts. i know because i have read them all, and each one seems worse that the previous. in no way have you posed a question that i would even consider validating with an answer. what you have done is exponentially decreased the level of intelligence that once could have been expected from the average member of this forum. using the available smileys, this is the best way i can represent the way i feel when i come across one of your broken sentences:  :brick: if your god existed, he would materialize a wall such as this one to punish himself against in the eternal shame he would feel for the monumental failure of creating you. whenever i decode one of your cryptic posts, i hear the voice of jar-jar binks. this does not help your cause. you are either a spammer or ashton kutcher is "punking" me. the latter actually seems more and more viable as i read how the other intelligent people on this forum try to respect your questions and provide logical, well-written responses. this truly speaks volumes for the atheist's morality. an amoral person would take the opportunity to degrade you without giving it another thought. now, presently, i am doing just that, but does this speak more about my morality, or your utter stupidity? of course i am bias so i will refrain from answering this myself. i suggest that you quit spending time posting ludicrous hogwash, and use your apparent interest to study and learn about these subjects. i realize this is not nearly as easy as the path you have chosen for yourself, but i promise you, it is far more rewarding. now, just for giggles, let's hear your rebuttal.
"(insert favorite carl sagan quote here)" - Carl Sagan

Wechtlein Uns

Quote from: "brekfustuvluzerz"how much asinine bullshit can you post in this forum before you get the boot? messenger, you have not contributed a single logical statement in any one of you posts. i know because i have read them all, and each one seems worse that the previous. in no way have you posed a question that i would even consider validating with an answer. what you have done is exponentially decreased the level of intelligence that once could have been expected from the average member of this forum. using the available smileys, this is the best way i can represent the way i feel when i come across one of your broken sentences: :eek2:  you're scarying me...

BadPoison

Quote from: "brekfustuvluzerz"if your god existed, he would materialize a wall such as this one to punish himself against in the eternal shame he would feel for the monumental failure of creating you. whenever i decode one of your cryptic posts, i hear the voice of jar-jar binks. this does not help your cause. you are either a spammer or ashton kutcher is "punking" me.
This segment is GOLD!  :banna:  :banna:

BadPoison

Quote from: "SSY"I registered just to weigh in on the absurdity of this topic.

I can suppose then, that if the bible were corrected ( new prophet, god spoke to you in a dream or somesuch), to allow incest, there would be nothing stopping you getting the log over on your mother?

As for incest in general, there has been some interesting research in the area post freud.

The westermarck effect is well documented, with its main outcome being to dissuade sibling intercourse. this effect is marked not only with biological siblings, but also adopted ones. Its absence can produce striking effects with regards to genetic sexual attraction( relations being inexplicabley attracted to each other due to similar facial features, shared personality traits etc ).

The intermarrying of cousins is also nothing new, Cousin marrying carries the effects of GSA, as well as being a convenient way to keep wealth within a family/clan structure. Consanguinity studies have shown the birth defect risk due to first cousins reproducing is similar to that penalty accrued by giving birth at a later stage of life. however over successive generations, this effect is much more marked.

Thanks for sharing this, SSY! It would make sense that there would be a different profile to any incestuous relationships. Do you have a background in psychology, or is it just one of your interests? Regardless, welcome to the forum - hope to continue to see you around.

-BP

brekfustuvluzerz

Quote:eek2: you're scarying me...

haha why am i "scarying" you?
"(insert favorite carl sagan quote here)" - Carl Sagan

SSY

Quote from: "BadPoison"Thanks for sharing this, SSY! It would make sense that there would be a different profile to any incestuous relationships. Do you have a background in psychology, or is it just one of your interests? Regardless, welcome to the forum - hope to continue to see you around.

-BP

No background in psychology, though I wouldent list incest as an interest of mine. . . .

Also, thanks for the welcome.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick