News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Former Atheist

Started by johnny rocket, December 14, 2008, 05:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"So you're another spammer? You posted the very same in the Atheistic Forums.

Kyu

Maybe he's just trying to, you know... share the wealth.  :|
-Curio

Wechtlein Uns

Has he been around lately?

Another hit and run troll, I guess.
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"So you're another spammer? You posted the very same in the Atheistic Forums.

Kyu

Maybe he's just trying to, you know... share the wealth.  :|

Maybe, but I am immediately suspicious of anyone who does that unless they are in need of help (such as IT support) or they make it clear they are cross-posting.

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

curiosityandthecat

Aw, c'mon, if they admit from the get-go that they're just trolling, then where's the fun of calling them out?  :D
-Curio

Whitney

Well, in case the OP doesn't return....what is a futurist?  I thought those were the people who thought we'd meld our minds with computers or something like that.  If I am right, what does that have to do with being a Christian?

karadan

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Well, in case the OP doesn't return....what is a futurist?  I thought those were the people who thought we'd meld our minds with computers or something like that.  If I am right, what does that have to do with being a Christian?

Hmm. I have no idea what it has to do with christianity but i've always liked futurism, or futurology as the Brits call it.
Basically, it is the study of current patterns of social and industrial human evolution, then applying that to how we will evolve in the forseeable future. Obviously most of it takes a massive leap of faith as you can't really predict stuff like the internet (although William Gibson came astonishingly close). It is very interesting although the success rate for predictions is quite low. You can predict advancements in technology easier than you can wars etc..
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Whitney

Aw, so it's basically just making educated guesses on the future.  Hmm, I don't see how that could make someone become a Christian.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Aw, so it's basically just making educated guesses on the future.  Hmm, I don't see how that could make someone become a Christian.

And any other reason is more convincing?  ;)
-Curio

karadan

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Aw, so it's basically just making educated guesses on the future.  Hmm, I don't see how that could make someone become a Christian.

Me neither :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Doubting Thomas29

Quote from: "johnny rocket"I shed my atheistic beliefs for two reasons.

1. I became a futurist.
2. I shared the same utopian ideals as God, i.e., I prefer to live in an environment where love is the only currency.   :eek:

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Aw, c'mon, if they admit from the get-go that they're just trolling, then where's the fun of calling them out?

I don't find it fun.

Kyu

karadan

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"
Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Aw, c'mon, if they admit from the get-go that they're just trolling, then where's the fun of calling them out?

I don't find it fun.

Kyu

I hear MDMA helps.

:beer:

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "karadan"
Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"I don't find it fun.
I hear MDMA helps.

What? Like ecstasy?

I don't get it.

Kyu

karadan

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"
Quote from: "karadan"
Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"I don't find it fun.
I hear MDMA helps.

What? Like ecstasy?

I don't get it.

Kyu

Yeah!

Whatever it was you don't find fun, you will after taking some MDMA :)

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "karadan"Whatever it was you don't find fun, you will after taking some MDMA

It was entirely his own fault but I lost my brother last year to a recreational drug just over a year ago so you'll forgive me if I don't find that particularly amusing. Suffice it to say I don't do those kind of drugs.

Kyu