News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Horus & Jesus (comparison)

Started by DennisK, December 11, 2008, 01:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisK

I'm sure many of you may already know this, but I found a very interesting comparison of the two.  If you follow this link and scroll down half the page you will see the uncanny similarities which are claimed.  Should Jesus be renamed "Horus II"?

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality." -Halton Arp

Kyuuketsuki

Very cool ... personally I believe that there never was a physical Jesus, given what we know (hypothesise?) about the way myths form there really isn't any need for a physical Jesus to have existed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Egyptian isn't a living language i.e. no one knows exactly how some of the words are verbally constructed, that has to be done comparatively ... yes? If that is so (and right now I'm think that the modern word "Jesus" is pronounced "Hey-sus" in the Hispanic communities) is it not possible that words like Jesus and Horus may have sounded much more similar at the time? Just an idea :)

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Arthur Dent

Like the site says, he was actually known as "Yeshua" or Joshua, not "Jesus".

I find it funny how no one seems to ever call him Josh though? lol
"In our tenure of this planet, we have accumulated dangerous, evolutionary baggage -- propensities for aggression and ritual, submission to leaders, hostility to outsiders, all of which puts our survival in some doubt. We have also acquired compassion for others, love for our children, a desire to learn from history and experience, and a great, soa

DennisK

Kyu,

I don't have enough information to gage whether Jesus existed.  Whether he did or not does not interest me that much to tell the truth.  I had believed that the myth of Jesus was invented.  I didn't know that it was totally stolen.  Is there anything original claimed by his 'followers'?
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality." -Halton Arp

McQ

Hey, pretty cool. I've never seen that comparison before, although I've heard people talk about the comparisons between christianity and older religions. Good link. Thanks!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

brekfustuvluzerz

"(insert favorite carl sagan quote here)" - Carl Sagan