News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

First visual confirmation of an extrasolar planet!

Started by Zarathustra, November 25, 2008, 11:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarathustra

"Man does not draw his laws from nature, but impose them upon nature" - Kant
[size=85]English is not my native language, so please don't attack my grammar, attack my message instead[/size]

karadan

Yeah that is amazing. It really is only going to get better from now on. The techniques they have developed to view these exo planets keeps getting startlingly better by the month.

Once the sequel to the Hubble telescope is up (too lazy to remember the name), we will apparently be able to see the atmosphere of exo planets as small as Earth. At which point, will be able to determine which ones have life and/or are ripe for colonisation.

I adore space exploration.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

MariaEvri

Once the sequel to the Hubble telescope is up (too lazy to remember the name).[/quote]

James Webb Space Telescope, I think??
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

karadan

Quote from: "MariaEvri"Once the sequel to the Hubble telescope is up (too lazy to remember the name).

James Webb Space Telescope, I think??[/quote]

Many thanks!! :D
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Zarathustra

Quote from: "MariaEvri"Once the sequel to the Hubble telescope is up (too lazy to remember the name)

Yes. Until I get hold of a digital thumb, a towel and so forth, I'll make do with those  :) - And the VLT in Chile, that's a fine instrument as well.
"Man does not draw his laws from nature, but impose them upon nature" - Kant
[size=85]English is not my native language, so please don't attack my grammar, attack my message instead[/size]

MariaEvri

Quote from: "karadan"
Quote from: "MariaEvri"Once the sequel to the Hubble telescope is up (too lazy to remember the name).

Many thanks!! :P
www.poseidonsimons.com

Wechtlein Uns

We need to colonise other planets!!!! I want to be a conquistador!!!!

We also need a Halo style war where we completely dominate. Might take some time to reach that level though. better wait for now. >_>
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

Graham

MariaEvri

Quote from: "Graham"It's Sauron!!

my thoughts exactely :P
www.poseidonsimons.com

joeactor