News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Interstate Battery makes a commercial about god?

Started by oldschooldoc, November 21, 2008, 04:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldschooldoc

So, I was watching my daily morning dose of CNN this morning when a rather strange commercial came on the screen. It depicts several situations in which (animated) characters become angry (car wreck, etc.). Before any violence or heated disagreement can actually occur, a magical array of hearts comes sweeping out of the, well, nowhere and suddenly the foes begin to smile. A voice comes in at the end of the commercial and states something like "All we need is more of god's love"
Then the 'credits' for the commercial come on. It is the logo for Interstate Battery with a url to http://interstatebattery.com/godslove/

I had to ask myself, WHAT? What was the point in that? Are they trying to 'energize' (get it, they make batteries, stupid I know) the religious?

I know they would say if I don't like it then don't watch, but damnit I was happily watching CNN. The commercial itself didn't bother me, by which I mean the depiction of love squashing the hate, but did it have to be god's love? Couldn't it have just been a message to love others because it's good for mankind?

Ok, venting complete.
OldSchoolDoc

"I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose freewill" - Neil Peart
"Imagine there's no Heaven, it's easy if you try..." - John Lennon

curiosityandthecat

And this is why CEOs tend to be the scum of the earth.
-Curio

oldschooldoc

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"And this is why CEOs tend to be the scum of the earth.

I agree. They use religion as a sales ploy, taking advantage of deranged folks who will now buy batteries by the car load (car batteries by the...car load? interesting) to make shrines because they brought them the message of (gasp)... god.
OldSchoolDoc

"I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose freewill" - Neil Peart
"Imagine there's no Heaven, it's easy if you try..." - John Lennon