News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Nasty-gram to a sore loser

Started by Wraitchel, November 08, 2008, 12:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraitchel

Last night a vandal slashed tires in my neighborhood, targeting cars with Obama bumper stickers. Just as a person who steals is a thief, the person who slashed those tires is a terrorist. The effect of his behavior is that people are now afraid to express their beliefs and opinions on their bumpers. This terrorist has undermined their freedom of speech. They are also worried that some worse act may follow, perhaps cut brake lines or a brick through a window. These victims do not feel safe in their own neighborhood. This terrorist cut into limited family budgets and kept people who are vital to the health of our community tied up dealing with disabled vehicles. Even those of us who were not targeted are victimized because we do not feel safe either, and our lives were disrupted by the effect of this action on our community.

I don’t know why the terrorist targeted Obama supporters. Perhaps he is a racist or a religious extremist. Perhaps he has bought into the hate and fear which so distorted some people’s view of our new President-elect. I do know that the terrorist has undermined his own cause. He has reinforced the notion that conservatives=racists=hate-mongers=religious extremists=terrorists. Like the Christians who repeatedly target the Scientologists down the street with vandalism, he has given his own cause a bad name. He is no better than the religious freaks who flew planes into the twin towers, and his actions have aligned him with their destructive sort of ideology.

I realize that people who commit acts like this in the dark of night are cowards. They rage against blacks or Democrats or other religions because they feel a sense of powerlessness and impotence in their own lives. Whatever their reasons, though, by their actions, they make themselves criminals. I hope they realize that, and I hope they can see that the only way they can redeem themselves is to confess and make reparations. Until they do, they are criminals, vandals, and terrorists.

so, atheists and friends, should I submit this to my local paper for the opinions section?

Whitney

That is horrible.  You should definately submit it to your paper.  Also, if you call your local news stations there is a good chance they will consider it news worthy.  

I think twice about placing things such as evolve fish on my car for this very reason ...I never thought the same could happen due to a pro Obama sticker (which I have on my car).

These people who think it's so horrible that Obama won need to pull themselves together and quick acting (being) crazy.  I am not pro McCain but wouldn't have thought the world was going to end, much less attack other people, if he had won.

Jolly Sapper

This is something that needs to be advertised as widely as you possibly can.

rlrose328

Yes, submit it!  HOw horrible that people can't behave and deal with life the way it turns out.

And i wouldn't doubt that it's some religious extremist who is embittered by Osama's win and they were problem believers of every little lie the McCain campaign fed them.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Chemistry08

Quote from: "Wraitchel"conservatives=racists=hate-mongers=religious extremists=terrorists.

An unfortunate incident and this person should be found and prosecuted. I agree, send it to your local paper but I suggest leaving the BS that I quoted out. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!? You and I both know that your statement is an absolutely ridiculous, generalization that is purely false. You sound just as bad as the Christians against us.

Wechtlein Uns

Crap! They're on to me!

...better lay low for a while... ;)

Go ahead, submit it. Call your local tv station too.
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.