News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

damn i tunes 8.0

Started by quizlixx, October 08, 2008, 11:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quizlixx

i was trying to download the new itunes on my macbook and it crashed my damn computer, i am writing this at my public library! :upset:
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

rlrose328

We don't do i-anything in this house.  We saw something "i-" in the store the other day... and it was really cool... but we just hate the fact that Mac put out the i-Mac and suddenly, it was the thing to do.

i-Tunes is the worst, along with the i-pod.  One of the other moms at coffee the other morning was telling me she "doesn't do MP3s because of all of the hassle" she'd have to do to get the music onto the machine... find a song, burn it to a CD, then run it through some conversion software, then put it back on the computer then the MP3.  I was perplexed...  :rant:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

dodgecity

Asmodean

Quote from: "rlrose328"Of course, this leads me to an upcoming problem.  Weird Al is putting out a new song in the next few weeks... exclusively on i-Tunes.  It will go to other download places after that, but I want it right away!   :rant:
Convert it?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Whitney

Quote from: "rlrose328"Of course, this leads me to an upcoming problem.  Weird Al is putting out a new song in the next few weeks... exclusively on i-Tunes.  It will go to other download places after that, but I want it right away!   :rant:

You could just convert it.  I googled i tunes to mp3 conversion and it seems like a little bit of work.  But you don't have to burn the stuff to a CD...you can bypass the hard copy by setting up a virtual cd burner that tricks your computer into thinking it's reading a CD (might want to tell your friend about that):

http://askbobrankin.com/convert_itunes_ ... ormat.html

The conversion process probably isn't that hard once you get everything set up the first time.

Be warned...if you install I-tunes make sure to unclick the box that makes it your default player.  A friend of mine wanted to use my computer to load her itunes and installed the program with default settings...I had to figure out how to make it not default since I didn't like i-tunes as my default player.

rlrose328

Thanks, laetus... I actually got the email from Al that the song is up.  We downloaded the song it's a parody of and wow... never even heard of it and can't stand it.  Doesn't mean I won't like Al's, but right now, I can wait.  (Heck, White and Nerdy is one of my all-time favorite Al songs and I never heard or liked the original, so you never know.)

I downloaded i-tunes once when it came out and i hated it... and I had a helluva time getting rid of it.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!