News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Man Factory (poem)

Started by Mister Joy, October 08, 2008, 02:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Joy

I don't generally write poetry because I'm not particularly good at it. I was asked to by one of my lecturers, however, so I decided to do one on the cloud of theistic delusion that hangs over the self-supporting circle of society. Enjoy, and tell me what you think. :)

Man Factory

People churn out children
Who grow up to churn out more,

But it’s a world inside a jar,
Where it’s hard to find the door;

A masturbating chicken
With its lost head on the floor

That serves its hopeful purpose
To preserve our God’s good law.

rlrose328

Wow... quite a visual you paint there.  I like it!

What's up with the masturbating chicken part?
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Stoicheion

I'd have to comment as well on the chicken part. The rest i understand, but ... a masturbating chicken?
[size=85]So why does there only have to be one correct philosophy?
I don't wanna go and follow you just to end up like one of them
And why are you always telling me what you want me to believe?
I'd like to think that I can go my own way and meet you in the end
Go my own way and meet you in the end
"Same Direction" - Hoobastank
[/size]

myleviathan

I see the headless masturbating chicken as a sexual metaphor for a society who is breeding out of control for breeding's sake. In my opinion it takes on an issue that really concerns me. The fact that religious people intentionally multiply to grow their faith. I have personal experience with people like this. It concerns me because we'll soon be living in an overpopulated world of religious fanatics more willing to kill for their religion as the world economy declines due to too many mouths to feed.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Moosader

Quote from: "myleviathan"It concerns me because we'll soon be living in an overpopulated world of religious fanatics more willing to kill for their religion as the world economy declines due to too many mouths to feed.

Maybe we should cede from the rest of the country and create our own little neutral haven.  Let the religious people battle it out, while we chill... under the sea experimenting with plasmids.  I mean... o.0
Make lunch, not war!

Mister Joy

Ah, the masturbating chicken. ;)

rlrose328

Quote from: "myleviathan"I see the headless masturbating chicken as a sexual metaphor for a society who is breeding out of control for breeding's sake. In my opinion it takes on an issue that really concerns me. The fact that religious people intentionally multiply to grow their faith. I have personal experience with people like this. It concerns me because we'll soon be living in an overpopulated world of religious fanatics more willing to kill for their religion as the world economy declines due to too many mouths to feed.

Funny you should say that... it is an issue that really speaks to me and I can see that in the context of the poem.  I think the jarring visual caught me by surprise.     :blink:

There's a gal on MySpace who was on an Atheist Moms mailing list I was on... she has 6 (or 7, I forget) children, all girls, and she's pregnant with the next one, finally a boy.  The fact that she is mystifyingly ignorant is beside the point... I can't see how ANYONE can have that many children.  At least the Christians have the "must populate the earth" concept goin' on, but an atheist?
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Asmodean

Not my style but... *drums*

Thumbs up!  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.