News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

You've gotta see this.

Started by HeStoppedTheRain, September 23, 2008, 04:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeStoppedTheRain

Sorry if this is in the wrong board.. I just thought that this was so funny. I thought it was a joke. Check it out, the sites so screwy.

http://www.truechristian.com/gaymarriage.html
''So, like a lost child, I will hide. And, like a lost lie, I will find a way to return to the ones that made me.''

Jolly Sapper

HAHAHAHAHA.... thats funny.

Im thinking .. fake website?  *though I haven't spent too much time looking at it*

Msblue

I love the map. I guess we should just move to Iran they don't have ~ANY~ evil gays there.
Quote from: "Jolly Sapper"Im thinking .. fake website?  *though I haven't spent too much time looking at it*

I think so too :lol:

rlrose328

Gawd, I HOPE it's fake!!  Did you read the evolution vs. truth pages?  SCARY!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

HeStoppedTheRain

ha, you know what guys? i screwed up, I think it is a joke... silly me. well, you never can tell. still look at it though, it's freaking HILARIOUS!
''So, like a lost child, I will hide. And, like a lost lie, I will find a way to return to the ones that made me.''

Asmodean

Quote from: "rlrose328"Gawd, I HOPE it's fake!!  Did you read the evolution vs. truth pages?  SCARY!

From a quick read of "Who we are" page or some such, it appears that they may possibly be for real.

If it's a joke though, they do make a nice and cheap imitation of fundieism.  :banna:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Squid

Yeah, it's a satire site.  The guy who runs it is an Atheist Network alumnus.

Jolly Sapper

Ah, and here's Squid with the truth.

rlrose328

Quote from: "Squid"Yeah, it's a satire site.  The guy who runs it is an Atheist Network alumnus.

Good to know, Squid... because it was just too real for me.  That guy did a GREAT job!!!   :eek:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

LARA

Dead on satire.  Too effective maybe.  One day I hope to wake up to discover that all this religious crap has been a satire all along and everyone's just a bunch of atheists pulling each other's legs.  We can all get together and have a beer and tease each other like  "I had you going, you really thought I was a Jesus freak that one time!"  and we can all laugh our asses off at the crap we came up with.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
                                                                                                                    -Winston Smith, protagonist of 1984 by George Orwell

PipeBox

Quote from: "LARA"Dead on satire.  Too effective maybe.  One day I hope to wake up to discover that all this religious crap has been a satire all along and everyone's just a bunch of atheists pulling each other's legs.  We can all get together and have a beer and tease each other like  "I had you going, you really thought I was a Jesus freak that one time!"  and we can all laugh our asses off at the crap we came up with.

Like the flat earthers!
I've known a couple, but they don't actually believe the world is flat.  They just like to see folks turn red in the face as they shrug off all reasoning and state that the world really is flat, as though that settles it.  They're real life trolls, heh.  And, in the case of flat earthers, religion never gets in the way.  They tend to have the ability to piss off all people equally.  It really is brilliant . . .   :D

But yeah, it'd be nice for it all to be a gotcha, but it's been too real.  People killing themselves and others for their gods .  .  .
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar

Squid

I've actually been in online debates with people who referenced his site as support for their arguments.  I remember when he came up with the idea for that site and launched it.

LARA

Satire is so much fun to do, but there's always that risk of it being taken seriously or really pissing someone off, when all you really want to do is make someone laugh or smile.  Good satire on religion has to have some hint of the absurdly ridiculous to get a laugh, or it's going to be taken seriously.  And it's so hard to get into the absurdly ridiculous when you are doing religion because Poe's Law is in effect at all times.  In other areas, if you look at something like the Obama cover for the New Yorker, it was so close to the actual position that right wing seems to be seriously taking that the room for a satirical take was absolutely razor thin.  It was hard to get a laugh on that one.  This site is kind of in that category, where it's really pushing the line, but I didn't get much past the first paragraph to see if there were any giveaways to the satire, because I found it too offensive to go on.  That's the way it goes though, some satire works for some people, and some doesn't.  It's kind of a learning experience to see where the line is for anyone.

At least here on Earth.  On my home planet we're so much more laid back. We crack up at everything.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
                                                                                                                    -Winston Smith, protagonist of 1984 by George Orwell