News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Darvaz: The Door to Hell

Started by Msblue, September 14, 2008, 04:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Msblue

quizlixx

wow, 35 years. first time i heard about it too
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

afreethinker30

Asmodean

:banna: Maybe even open a BBQ place for tourists. "Asmodean's Hamburgers and BBQ from Hell"  :pop:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MariaEvri

I've seen this before during my "stumble-upon" travels. Awesome place :)
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

quizlixx

Quote from: "Asmodean":eek: I want to go there and do some honest BBQ-ing.  :pop:
hi, can i get a #4 hell burger combo with a coke and a satan pie. :D
now i'm hungry.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

McQ

Pretty cool. There [strike:i4espvjf]is a town[/strike:i4espvjf]...sorry, was a town (Centralia, PA), near where I live that had to be abandoned because a fire began in an underground coal mine in 1962 and has been burning ever since. It will probably burn for a couple hundred years more, and there are no plans to try and extinguish it. Ironically enough, the fire was apparently started by the Centralia Fire Department.

I've been there a few times. It's really bizarre. I'll go there again in the late fall to take some more photos of the gases rising out of the ground. It's actually very dangerous to be there, as the ground can give in any place at any moment, and the gases can be dangerous too. Most shockingly is that some of the residents refused to heed the evacuation plan and still live there! There is no town left. Just a cemetery and a few houses, and what's left of the borough hall, which I think they use as a church (go figure).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "McQ"Pretty cool. There [strike:10o5czez]is a town[/strike:10o5czez]...sorry, was a town (Centralia, PA), near where I live that had to be abandoned because a fire began in an underground coal mine in 1962 and has been burning ever since. It will probably burn for a couple hundred years more, and there are no plans to try and extinguish it. Ironically enough, the fire was apparently started by the Centralia Fire Department.

I've been there a few times. It's really bizarre. I'll go there again in the late fall to take some more photos of the gases rising out of the ground. It's actually very dangerous to be there, as the ground can give in any place at any moment, and the gases can be dangerous too. Most shockingly is that some of the residents refused to heed the evacuation plan and still live there! There is no town left. Just a cemetery and a few houses, and what's left of the borough hall, which I think they use as a church (go figure).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania

I really want to visit that place. I love abandoned areas; they feel anything but empty, to me. Can't wait until I get to Asia; there are numerous abandoned villages and resorts. I also want to visit Chernobyl, if I can get clearance. It's amazing how much access people tend to give you when you're carrying a large camera.  :D
-Curio

Asmodean

Quote from: "quizlixx"hi, can i get a #4 hell burger combo with a coke and a satan pie. :D

:beer:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Asmodean"NEEEXXT!!!  :beer:

Bravo, sir. Bravo.
-Curio

Asmodean

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Bravo, sir. Bravo.
Notice the insignia on that pie? I'm SO buying the trademark!  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

quizlixx

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "quizlixx"hi, can i get a #4 hell burger combo with a coke and a satan pie. :D

:hail: