News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

TV while you lounge

Started by The Wanderer, September 08, 2008, 04:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wanderer

I've just started up a new "TV" website, which really just collects my favorite thought-provoking videos for atheists and freethinkers.

I'm also creating new videos as part of the "Men of the Infinite" team.  You'll find a few of them on that site.

If you have any suggested links for new videos, please let me know:

TheAbsolute TV
http://www.theabsolute.net/tv/

MommaSquid

Sniff...sniff....Does anyone else smell spam?  

I'm always wary when then noob posts a link to their own web page but doesn't make an intro post.   Methinks it's spam.

The Wanderer

QuoteI'm always wary when then noob posts a link to their own web page but doesn't make an intro post. Methinks it's spam.
That was my introductory post!   :lol:

More later.

dodgecity

Yeah, heaven forbid someone should make a contribution of any sort in their first post. GTFO, spam bot!

Nah, just kidding. I actually looked at your site and liked what I saw. Thanks.  :)

NoFearNoLimits

Quote from: "The Wanderer"I've just started up a new "TV" website, which really just collects my favorite thought-provoking videos for atheists and freethinkers.

I'm also creating new videos as part of the "Men of the Infinite" team.  You'll find a few of them on that site.

If you have any suggested links for new videos, please let me know:

TheAbsolute TV
http://www.theabsolute.net/tv/
There was some cool videos I hadn't seen on there. thanks :)
"I'd rather live one day as a lion, than a lifetime as a sheep"

McQ

While we certainly love to have new members and we really love it when new members have things of significance to contribute, it is nice if the first post gives some greater indication of the poster being a real, sincere person and not just a spammer. Your site has some very nice content on it, but please make sure to give us a real introduction as soon as you can.  :)

We are just too often hit with spammers so it's kind of a knee jerk reaction that we think that posts like yours may be spam. We try not to react like that, but it's hard not to, when the net is so full of that stuff. Thanks in advance for your understanding of this, and welcome to the forum!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

quizlixx

Quote from: "McQ"While we certainly love to have new members and we really love it when new members have things of significance to contribute, it is nice if the first post gives some greater indication of the poster being a real, sincere person and not just a spammer. Your site has some very nice content on it, but please make sure to give us a real introduction as soon as you can.  :D  :D  but really...cool site.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

The Wanderer

Quote from: "McQ"We are just too often hit with spammers so it's kind of a knee jerk reaction that we think that posts like yours may be spam.
Yes, I know what you're saying, since I operate a forum myself: Genius forum.

Spamming is such a problem nowadays that it's getting to the stage where you have to register an account with virtually every website you visit. I have more than 400 accounts at different places around the web, and a different password for each of them.

Asmodean

Quote from: "The Wanderer"I have more than 400 accounts at different places around the web, and a different password for each of them.
What's your secret for remembering those? Because I, for my part, don't have enough grandmothers who have birthdays to keep control even over my 20-some passwords...  :unsure:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Wanderer

Quote from: "Asmodean"What's your secret for remembering those?
I use a password manager program, which automatically generates new passwords for me, and fills them in for me on web pages when necessary.