News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

It's not God's fault. *shakes head*

Started by Asmodean, August 20, 2008, 10:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Ok... This place is what a web designer's nightmares look like... But they do have some riduculous crap there... in a funny way... so knock yourselves out  :unsure:

http://itsnotgodsfault.com/sinnersprayer.asp

Hmm...  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

I've got two word that describes that site perfectly, namely: Holy Shit
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Faithless

It's funny in a scary sort of way.  Apparently, if you follow the WORD well enough, you receive...what?  The problem is, it doesn't say exactly what you are to "receive."  I'd like to hire their marketing team.  They've got people jumping through hoops and they don't even know what they're getting.

QuoteIf you are believing for finances, you cannot worry or go about saying how to pay your bills, etc.

I love this.  Does this mean that if I stop believing in my finances, the bills will go away?  SIGN ME UP! :banna:
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan

"It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." - Mark Twain

Asmodean

Quote from: "Faithless"Does this mean that if I stop believing in my finances, the bills will go away?
:idea:

Now THAT's brilliant!  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Jolly Sapper

I was going to originally point to the "Reject Jesus; Receive Bacon" picture.

But I like Faithless's answer better!

Jane

Was www.godhatesgooddesign.com or www.godloveswidemargins.com taken?

From the site : You may be a believer, but if you do not make your actions/words/thoughts correspond to God’s Word you will be continually defeated in receiving from God. God performs by faith; if you utter words to the contrary of what God’s Word says, it will wipe out your receiving; if you worry about whatever it is, it will wipe out your receiving; if your actions do not correspond to God’s Word it will wipe out your receiving.

So it's official - god IS Santa.

afreethinker30

:D  The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible

QuoteJacobs, a New York Jewish agnostic, decides to follow the laws and rules of the Bible, beginning with the Old Testament, for one year. (He actually adds some bonus days and makes it a 381-day year.) He starts by growing a beard and we are with him through every itchy moment. Jacobs is borderline OCD, at least as he describes himself; obsessing over possible dangers to his son, germs, literal interpretation of Bible verses, etc. He enlists the aid of counselors along the way; Jewish rabbis, Christians of every stripe, friends and neighbors.

I wonder how many of those people say they live as the Bible says but actually do it.

Steve Reason

Quote from: "Faithless"It's funny in a scary sort of way.  Apparently, if you follow the WORD well enough, you receive...what?  The problem is, it doesn't say exactly what you are to "receive."  I'd like to hire their marketing team.  They've got people jumping through hoops and they don't even know what they're getting.

QuoteIf you are believing for finances, you cannot worry or go about saying how to pay your bills, etc.

I love this.  Does this mean that if I stop believing in my finances, the bills will go away?  SIGN ME UP! :D
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/