News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Collective thoughts! I need your help.

Started by EvolutionCalling, August 17, 2008, 07:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Well, your "pal" from the other forum is always welcome to come here and debate, since he's reading this thread anyway. Lotsa luck to him.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

EvolutionCalling

I was just looking through some old threads on the other forum, and every person that has opposed the Christians over there has been banned.  Not one of them were disrespectful or out of line.  Glad it wasn't just me.

Jolly Sapper

EvolutionCalling

For sure.  The first time I was banned, I got the message to "piss off" and the second I was called an asshole.  How Christian of them.  Amazingly, they all pray for me though.  I only go back because most of the information if relevant to my industry, but the political and open forum sections are like quicksand for me.  Oh well.

Will

The Lord of the Flies is a favorite of mine. The allegorical tale has a thousand and one applications, and I've found that the failure of a self-regulating society can be seen in online forums all too often. When leaders lose objectivity and give in to what some vaguely call "human nature"â€"those behaviors that people attribute to a baser self that is without reason or moralityâ€"the result is an implosion of their society. I've had issues with moderators elsewhere (the moderation on HAF is, in my experience, beyond reproach), and I find that when they cannot be resolved reasonably it's probably time to at least take a break. Moderators, after all, are generally volunteers and only have to answer to other moderators and if a majority of the staff are lacking the objectivity necessary to moderate responsibly then the forum will shift towards dystopia.

It's disconcerting having them read us (and find our responses "harsh") but us not reading them. Can we see the thread in question or have they hidden it?
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Jolly Sapper

I've skimmed through a few threads.  It seems there isn't much to them.  Lots of insults, racist and bigoted slurs, with little or no actual communication of intelligent information.  

Soooo.. pretty much like the majority of the forums on the internets, lots of action with little content.

EvolutionCalling

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/

You can find what hasn't been removed in the POLITICS and the DISCUSSION ABOUT EVERYTHING sections towards the bottom.  The POLITICS section is full of right wing assholes and there is currently an ongoing thread called IF GOD CREATED MAN in the other area.  If you skim back, you'll see anybody opposing them has been banned.  Most of those discussions get removed in violation of their own user agreement.  The worst mods on there are CyberGal, Smurf, and MasterTech.  They are all on each other's tip.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"The POLITICS section is full of right wing assholes and there is currently an ongoing thread called IF GOD CREATED MAN in the other area.  If you skim back, you'll see anybody opposing them has been banned.  Most of those discussions get removed in violation of their own user agreement.  The worst mods on there are CyberGal, Smurf, and MasterTech.  They are all on each other's tip.

-Curio

Will

The Trucker's Report?!  roflol That's pretty funny.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

EvolutionCalling

Yeah.  It's unfortunate, there is a lot of really good industry related information on there (probably only of interest to those in the trucking industry) that is tarnished by their right-wing fundie bullshit.  I just got hired for a local driving position, so I won't have to tolerate most of this shit in person anymore.  No more truck stops chapels and evangelicals for this guy.

Will

Boy, they really hate Obama. It's kinda funny.

EvolutionCalling

Indeed they do.  I'd say at least two 'Obama is a Muslim' threads pop up a week.

Will

Unless you were banned, it's probably safe to come back now. I went ahead and removed some of the biases and prejudice.

EvolutionCalling

Are you over there stirring up trouble?   :D  Rationalist, I'm guessing?

Asmodean

Just a thought... If someone can hear god and Jesus and all them holy-whatevers... That's a symptom of schizophrenia, right..?  :borg:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.