News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

my theory of big bang

Started by quizlixx, August 11, 2008, 03:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quizlixx

my theory is way out there. i think that our universe is just one in a long line of universes before us, now i'm not talking galaxies i'm talking EVERYTHING. i think that there were universes before us that have played out exactly as ours has. humans prime species, wars, countries, everything exactly. somewhere in these universes there is a ball of matter that accumulates over time staying the same size but growing amazingly dense, through space exploration and colonization of other galaxies in these universes, someone touches this ball of matter, causing it to explode creating a new universe and completely eradicating them and starting the cycle over again.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

curiosityandthecat

I'm not entirely sure, but I think quantum mechanics and chaos theory make this rather unlikely. Then again, as science avoids impossibilities and relies on levels of probability, I suppose that, improbable as it may be, it's possible.  ;)

For instance, does a carbon-based lifeform have to touch the ball of matter, or can it be any other type of lifeform? Does it have to be, in fact, a lifeform? Could it be a random asteroid lazily drifting through space? What causes the explosion? Is the ball made of antimatter? Strange matter? What causes it to become dense, if it explodes and, presumably, sends matter away from it (causing universal expansion from the center point)?

Interesting.
-Curio

quizlixx

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"I'm not entirely sure, but I think quantum mechanics and chaos theory make this rather unlikely. Then again, as science avoids impossibilities and relies on levels of probability, I suppose that, improbable as it may be, it's possible.  :lol: , i just thought of it
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Whitney

deadhead...have you looked into theories related to the big bang/big crunch?

Asmodean

Not to get in the way of the great man's gloating, but I think I've seen this exact theory, phrased a bit differently somewhere else severasl years ago...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.