News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Supreme Ruler of Earth?What would you do?

Started by afreethinker30, August 09, 2008, 11:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afreethinker30

Let's pretend you are the one calling the shots for the planet Earth..What would be some things you would do?

For me
1.Rid the world of all religion.
2.Rid the world of all money. We could go back to bartering for goods and services.
3.All utilites like electric,gas,phone,net etc.. would be free.Of course for gas for cars and such I would order more people to get to work on different fuel types.
4.Everyone would be offered a job or have the chance to work.
5.Pot would be legal...it's natural and can be used in good ways.
6.Healthcare for all.
7.Anyone that is found guilty of murder/rape/anything that harms fellow humans would be put on an island to live out their days.
8.Birth control edu. would be in all schools.
9.Cancel American Gladiators!
10.Those that help each other police,firefighters etc would be put on a counsel of sorts on setting laws/rules.
11.Stem cell research would be lifted from ban.
12.Science classes would teach and offer more advanced classes.Along with math,the arts,language and so on.Physical sports would be still in school but children would have to keep a certain grade average.
13.Homeless would be given apartments and jobs.Those with children would get into the apartments and jobs first.But housing would be built for all.
14.Two child limit.And the would be parents would have to take a course in child rearing and have a background check.

I can think of a ton more.But those are the ones that first come to mind.I'm sure everyone has different things they would do and probley don't agree with what I would.But that's the fun of it to see where people differ.

quizlixx

1. free day
2. i would buy a gibson sg 61' (authentic not reissue)
3. i would give my dogs houses
4. unlimited supply of tiger butter (if you don't know what it is, google)
5. send some freaking help to africa
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Will

1) President Bush and President Ahmadinejad must announce their resignation and appear on "Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader?" indefinitely.
2) Destroy ALL nuclear weapons by shooting them into the sun, then burn all research on how to enrich uranium beyond what's necessary for nuclear power and forbid the information from ever being discussed.
3) All congregants of Wesbro Baptist Church will be institutionalized.
4) Israel will be required to establish equal representation for Palestinians in the Israeli government.
5) I would establish an international bill of rights which would be a carbon copy of the US BOR.

I'll add more when the benadryl wears off.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

leftyguitarjoe

1. Decree church and state 100% separate. I would not force people to give up their beliefs.
2. Pour funding into science, technology, space exploration, ect.. and education on those topics bacause they matter more than other fields.
3. Buy a guitar or two :devil:
4. I'd have schools teach children to follow their own beliefs, not their parents'
5. While I'm at it, they'd be taught free thinking in general.
6. We would not invest money in teaching kinds who wouldn't do anything useful. I know thats kinda harsh sounding, but even my super smart society needs pizza delivery boys.
7. One language.
8. MOON BASE
9. MARS COLONY (these two kinda go hand in hand with my #2)
10. Give everyone hybrid of fully electric vehicles and use take their old cars and recycle them. (Farmers, truck drivers, and such who need internal combustion power will be exempt from this)
11. Get rid of all oil and coal power production ASAP. Solar, wind, hydroelectric, geothermal, and nuclear will easily power is.
12. Bulldoze the Westboro Baptist Church because I really dont like them
13. Utterly wipe out scientology.

quizlixx

[quote=  I'm talking a handmade Moser Bastard V  :D
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

leftyguitarjoe

Quote from: "deadhead"
Quote from:   I'm talking a handmade Moser Bastard V  :D[/quotewell, it IS the most amazing guitar on the planet.
hamminahamminahammina

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Willravel"1) President Bush and President Ahmadinejad must announce their resignation and appear on "Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader?" indefinitely.

1) Genius     :)

3) Either that or put hidden cameras in their homes,follow them and mess with them.I think it would be great entertainment.

Benadryl no good.Flonase easy to take with you,quick and works very well.

quizlixx

Quote from: "afreethinker30"
Quote from: "Willravel"1) President Bush and President Ahmadinejad must announce their resignation and appear on "Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader?" indefinitely.

1) Genius     :)

3) Either that or put hidden cameras in their homes,follow them and mess with them.I think it would be great entertainment.

Benadryl no good.Flonase easy to take with you,quick and works very well.

This friday on FOX, you know em you love em, here are the presidential pals, with your host cooooonnnnnnndi rice!

rlrose328

I have no list to add... I could never be the Supreme Ruler of the Earth.  My husband would LOVE the job, though.

I love the lists that are here, though.  Wildly entertaining and I agree with ALMOST all of them.  :-)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Asmodean

Asmodean II, The Almighty... Hmm... What would he do..? Ok... Let's see...

1. Use an eraser on the state of Israel. Seriously, the region will be far better off without.

2. Enforce a one child rule for at least two generations all over the world so that when the population got below 3 billion, all could live comfortable lives.

3. Dump HUGE amounts of money into genetics, robotics and space research.

4. Build myself a big palace with golden toilets.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

shedaytrips

1. Develop a cure for AIDS, Cancer, and all diseases.
2. Torture all people that harm children.
3. Rid the world of ALL drugs.
4. Free the world of mental illness.

Asmodean

Quote from: "shedaytrips"3. Rid the world of ALL drugs.
You are refering to illegal narcotics, right? Because I, for one, don't want a world without pain killers  :unsure:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MariaEvri

1. I would ban all religions
2. I would try and stop poverty and wars
3. I would sponsor scientists to try and make environmentally friendly technology
4. I would pass a law against having many children
5. I would promote farming and agriculture living

thatsall i can come up for now
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tom62

This thread is really cool.

My list:

1. reduce all military spending by 90%. The remaining 10% should go to a space shield that protect us from mischievous aliens and killer meteors.
2. eliminate the leaders of all totalitarian regimes, Israel and Saudi Arabia included.
3. hand George W. Bush and Tony Blair over to the international court of Justice in the Hague for their war crimes.
4. destroy all nuclear weapons, except those which are needed for the first item on my list.
5. remove all religious influences from public life and ban all organized religions. People will still be allowed to practice their believes at home, but nowhere else.
6. Invest more money in education, space exploration and nuclear fusion technology.
7. setup a world wide health and pension plan.
8. remove all trade subsidies.
9. teach all African nations how to deal with their own problems and help them to get their acts together.
10. only people who'll pass an intelligent test will be allowed to vote.
11. forbid the use of chemical additives in food.
12. forbid the manufacture and use of energy inefficient products and those that harm the environment.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

leftyguitarjoe

Quote from: "Tom62"9. teach all African nations how to deal with their own problems and help them to get their acts together.

roflol  :hail: