News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

New Album from David Byrne and Brian Eno

Started by crocofish, August 08, 2008, 04:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crocofish

Just yesterday, a free mp3 was posted from the new upcoming album from David Byrne and Brian Eno.  David Bryne is best known as the lead singer for Talking Heads.  Brian Eno has worked as a producer for bands like U2 and most recently Coldplay, and he has released many of his own ambient music albums.  The rest of the new album, Everything That Happens Will Happen Today, will be release on August 18.

The last time the two of them worked together was in 1981 on My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, which is one of my favorite albums of all time.  The music was pioneering, heavily using sampling, and influenced many artists afterwards.

But the main reason I'm posting it here was this quote that I read from this article:

QuoteLife Is Long features the lyric: "Everyone says the living is easy, but I can hardly see ’coz my head is in the way. I’m lost, but I’m not afraid." "It is a gospel song written by two atheists," Eno says.

I was happy to find that two of my favorite musicians are atheists.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

curiosityandthecat

Holy crap I'm downloa....errrr.....I meaaannn.... purchasing this right this second.

:D
-Curio

ewomack

I've been waiting since 1981 for another collaboration between these two (well, I wasn't cognizant enough until the 1990s to know to buy it... but oh well). Did I read the site correctly? Are they not going through a label?  Byrne's latest has been released on Nonesuch. Eno's on various. Do we have a web only product here? Hmmmm...
Ed Womack
Get Milked

crocofish

Quote from: "ewomack"Did I read the site correctly? Are they not going through a label?  Byrne's latest has been released on Nonesuch. Eno's on various. Do we have a web only product here? Hmmmm...

I checked on Amazon, and it is not listed at all, even though the album is coming out Aug 18.  The streaming will be free, and it appears that the album will be sold direct, including CDs.  It seems to be the model many musicians are going toward, and it's a good thing since it cuts out those fat cat middle men that rip off the artists.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown