News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Add yourself to the Happy Atheist Map

Started by Whitney, August 14, 2006, 08:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

OK, I think I added myself (I'm a low tech sort of person) -- if a blue mark turns up in Long Beach, CA, that's me.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

MathKat

The closest person to me appears to be JoeActor.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

KingPhilip

I'm about five hours from a couple people, it's interesting to actually see where everyone is.
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~ Krishnamurti

MathKat

Quote from: Tank on October 05, 2011, 05:30:15 PM
Quote from: MathKat on October 05, 2011, 05:25:46 PM
He's a nice guy.

Good to know.  = )  Though I doubt there's a chance of us ever actually running into each other.  He's in West Hollywood, I'm in Woodland Hills.  It looks like Faithless is here too but in Long Beach.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: MathKat on October 05, 2011, 09:13:48 PM
He's a nice guy.

Good to know.  = )  Though I doubt there's a chance of us ever actually running into each other.  He's in West Hollywood, I'm in Woodland Hills.  It looks like Faithless is here too but in Long Beach.

Really?  I'm in Long Beach too.

Edited because I just went back and looked at the map and not only am I not on it (and I could swear I added myself) but it has somebody from Athens, GA, sitting in the South Pacific Ocean off the coast of Chili.  I'm not sure about this map.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

MathKat

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 06, 2011, 01:27:56 AM
He's a nice guy.

Good to know.  = )  Though I doubt there's a chance of us ever actually running into each other.  He's in West Hollywood, I'm in Woodland Hills.  It looks like Faithless is here too but in Long Beach.

Really?  I'm in Long Beach too.

Edited because I just went back and looked at the map and not only am I not on it (and I could swear I added myself) but it has somebody from Athens, GA, sitting in the South Pacific Ocean off the coast of Chili.  I'm not sure about this map.

I looked at it again.  There are a lot of markers with a ?  Mine did too and I just edited it to show my handle.  I zoomed in a little more and I guess Faithless is in Tustin which is close to Long Beach.  I don't see a marker in Long Beach.  Yeah I don't know about the map either.  I see 2 people in the middle of the ocean.

KingPhilip

Quote from: MathKat on October 06, 2011, 07:02:20 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 06, 2011, 01:27:56 AM
He's a nice guy.

Really?  I'm in Long Beach too.

I looked at it again.  There are a lot of markers with a ?  Mine did too and I just edited it to show my handle.  I zoomed in a little more and I guess Faithless is in Tustin which is close to Long Beach.  I don't see a marker in Long Beach.  Yeah I don't know about the map either.  I see 2 people in the middle of the ocean.

House boats ftw.
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~ Krishnamurti

Attila

Hi all,
I'm right on the border. Makes life interesting. :)
ciao,
Attila

Tank

Quote from: Attila on October 07, 2011, 03:12:12 PM
Hi all,
I'm right on the border. Makes life interesting. :)
ciao,
Attila
Which border?

Welcome to HAF.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Attila

Quote from: Tank on October 07, 2011, 06:47:47 PM
Which border?

Welcome to HAF.
Grazie Tank. :) The Italy-Slovenia border. You can check it out on the HapAth Map. We're not very far from Austria or Croatia either but I can walk to Slovenia from our flat in 20 minutes.
Buona domenica,
Attila

Tank

Quote from: Attila on October 09, 2011, 08:11:04 AM
Quote from: Tank on October 07, 2011, 06:47:47 PM
Which border?

Welcome to HAF.
Grazie Tank. :) The Italy-Slovenia border. You can check it out on the HapAth Map. We're not very far from Austria or Croatia either but I can walk to Slovenia from our flat in 20 minutes.
Buona domenica,
Attila
What a beautiful place to live, I'm jealous.

Attila

Quote from: Tank on October 09, 2011, 08:15:51 AM

What a beautiful place to live, I'm jealous.
No reason to be. There's lots of room and people are very kind and welcoming here. We've been here for over three years (having moved from Spain) and love the city. The health service is excellent which at my age is important. I've had a valve replacement done at Udine (roughly 35km from here) and a pacemaker installed right here in Gorizia. I'm in the 5th week of a gruelling but very efficacious cardio-rehab course (3 times a week) and I feel great. I have quite a good life on my pensions here.
ciao,
Attila

Good and Godless

I only saw one other in Colorado.  Just wondering if there are people out there who are in Colorado but not posted on the map.  Love this state!
"A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectively on sympathy, education and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." -Albert Einstein
http://goodandgodless.blogspot.com/

Troll god

I added Tirana(Albania) in the map, but didn't wrote any info, I wasn't able to do that. :-[
IN INFERIS MELIUS EST REGNARE, QUAM IN COELIS SERVIRE!