News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

2024 Happy New Year ro one and all!!

Started by Tank, January 01, 2024, 09:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Well what will you do in the next 365 days?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Happy New Year to everyone as well.

I'll be doing what I do best: breaking resolutions.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i have no better answer than ^^^that one.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Dark Lightning

Happy New Year, one and all! I personally will slog through another year...I hope. Converted the dining area in the house into a place to carve that isn't dependent on the weather. All that took was moving the equipment into the space. I'm looking at surgery on my right ring finger. Once that heals I can go back to carving. At least I'm able to use the table saw and other wood working equipment. That'll cease until the hand is healed, I guess. In my youth, I'd just have worked through the pain.

Recusant

Happy New Year, y'all. Will be carrying on. Never got into the resolutions thing, and will be sticking to that.  ;D
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 01, 2024, 02:07:21 PMHappy New Year, one and all! I personally will slog through another year...I hope. Converted the dining area in the house into a place to carve that isn't dependent on the weather. All that took was moving the equipment into the space. I'm looking at surgery on my right ring finger. Once that heals I can go back to carving. At least I'm able to use the table saw and other wood working equipment. That'll cease until the hand is healed, I guess. In my youth, I'd just have worked through the pain.

Glad to hear you're keen to carve again. My middle fingers used to lock up and my hip replacement surgeon said it was a quick fix procedure, which I never got around to doing. Then the fingers magically fixed themselves without surgery and are about 95% back to normal.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 02, 2024, 02:37:32 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 01, 2024, 02:07:21 PMHappy New Year, one and all! I personally will slog through another year...I hope. Converted the dining area in the house into a place to carve that isn't dependent on the weather. All that took was moving the equipment into the space. I'm looking at surgery on my right ring finger. Once that heals I can go back to carving. At least I'm able to use the table saw and other wood working equipment. That'll cease until the hand is healed, I guess. In my youth, I'd just have worked through the pain.

Glad to hear you're keen to carve again. My middle fingers used to lock up and my hip replacement surgeon said it was a quick fix procedure, which I never got around to doing. Then the fingers magically fixed themselves without surgery and are about 95% back to normal.

"Trigger Finger", even if one isn't shooting. My right pinky does it on exertion. It's quite annoying. If I take it easy on that finger, the symptom pretty much disappears. But my whole life has been one of exertion. First comes a cortisone shot, and then a simple surgery if that doesn't work. I'm looking at rebuilding/replacing the engine in my truck (400 big block Chevy). That's going to be taxing my hands, for sure. I hate to hire that kind of help, since it's a lot of money.

Asmodean

Happy New Year!

I'm thoroughly snowed-in and have already spent more time digging in 2024 than I did in 2023. My grand designs apart from that are making my stocks portfolio more robust, going on a road trip with New Flying Deutschmann, reigniting my passion for Dungeons and Dragons and maybe fixing that left shoulder situation. Maybe.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

I intend to get my health back again. It is going to be a tough ride because it involves chemo- or immunotherapy combined with a drastic diet change (mainly vegetarian, low carb, fresh produce and no sugar).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

Quote from: Tom62 on January 03, 2024, 08:35:13 PMI intend to get my health back again. It is going to be a tough ride because it involves chemo- or immunotherapy combined with a drastic diet change (mainly vegetarian, low carb, fresh produce and no sugar).

May you go through the treatment regime without too much discomfort and regain your health in 2024.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on January 03, 2024, 08:35:13 PMI intend to get my health back again. It is going to be a tough ride because it involves chemo- or immunotherapy combined with a drastic diet change (mainly vegetarian, low carb, fresh produce and no sugar).

You'll do fine :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Good doctors and medicine wished upon you!

Dark Lightning

Building some shelving and drawers for storage in the garage. So far I've managed to cut my right thumb :thumb: pulling a bit out of the router, and ran a nail into my left thumb using the pneumatic nailer.  :thumbsup: There doesn't appear to be an emoji holding up the right thumb.

Recusant

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 10, 2024, 10:08:48 PMBuilding some shelving and drawers for storage in the garage. So far I've managed to cut my right thumb pulling a bit out of the router, and ran a nail into my left thumb using the pneumatic nailer.  :thumbsup: There doesn't appear to be an emoji holding up the right thumb.

I hate when that happens.  Put a Phillips bit through the web between thumb and forefinger once. A neat little "X."

Added several months ago. At the bottom of the smiley zoo, a few places left of Spock.  :thumb:

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Recusant on January 11, 2024, 12:45:19 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 10, 2024, 10:08:48 PMBuilding some shelving and drawers for storage in the garage. So far I've managed to cut my right thumb pulling a bit out of the router, and ran a nail into my left thumb using the pneumatic nailer.  :thumbsup: There doesn't appear to be an emoji holding up the right thumb.

I hate when that happens.  Put a Phillips bit through the web between thumb and forefinger once. A neat little "X."

Added several months ago. At the bottom of the smiley zoo, a few places left of Spock.  :thumb:

Thanks for the pointer. I went back and added it to my post.
Now, you can hold your hand up and say, "On the plus side...". That's what the Japanese call a Phillips screwdriver- "plus". Of course, the flat screwdriver is calls "minus".