News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Slate Trivia Quiz

Started by Recusant, November 28, 2023, 03:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

I've been doing it for a few weeks now. Varied topics-- culture, history, science, vocabulary, and news. Usually culture stumps me.

I scored 82 in today's Slate Quiz. Think you can beat me? - https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/11/trivia-quiz-daily-slate-culture-comedy-pop-music-ballet.html
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

The Asmos like quizzes, but do you have to sign up to participate?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Excellent! I shall have a play around when on PC :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Bluenose

138, but to be fair, a couple of my answers were little more than guesses
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Recusant

I'm ashamed that I answered first question incorrectly. Though I've been a life-long fan, my scholarship is lacking.  ;)
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

I got 133 with one lucky guess (That gives me a lucky-guess ratio of what, 25%? A lucky-guess-proof multiple choice... Cool! ;) ) about the ballerinas, which I know pretty much nill about, and I think three correct answers in total. :smilenod:

I claim a "not too bad for broad and esoteric." Cool concept. That was short, but challenging. I shall revisit.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

History today-- https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/11/trivia-quiz-daily-slate-history-scandal-coups-elections.html

Recent and largely US-centric. Luckily for me I have lately been learning a bit about far left militant idiots in Europe, which helped with one of the questions.
216: 5 out of 6
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

162. I'm not very good at "guess the politician" :sadshake:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

130 here. And it started so very well. :(

The Asmo is vacuuming the local book stores for all the non-fiction they have this afternoon, see if He is not! Unacceptable! :rant1:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken