News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Slate Trivia Quiz

Started by Recusant, November 28, 2023, 03:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

I've been doing it for a few weeks now. Varied topics-- culture, history, science, vocabulary, and news. Usually culture stumps me.

I scored 82 in today's Slate Quiz. Think you can beat me? - https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/11/trivia-quiz-daily-slate-culture-comedy-pop-music-ballet.html
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

The Asmos like quizzes, but do you have to sign up to participate?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Excellent! I shall have a play around when on PC :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Bluenose

138, but to be fair, a couple of my answers were little more than guesses
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Recusant

I'm ashamed that I answered first question incorrectly. Though I've been a life-long fan, my scholarship is lacking.  ;)
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

I got 133 with one lucky guess (That gives me a lucky-guess ratio of what, 25%? A lucky-guess-proof multiple choice... Cool! ;) ) about the ballerinas, which I know pretty much nill about, and I think three correct answers in total. :smilenod:

I claim a "not too bad for broad and esoteric." Cool concept. That was short, but challenging. I shall revisit.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

History today-- https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/11/trivia-quiz-daily-slate-history-scandal-coups-elections.html

Recent and largely US-centric. Luckily for me I have lately been learning a bit about far left militant idiots in Europe, which helped with one of the questions.
216: 5 out of 6
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

162. I'm not very good at "guess the politician" :sadshake:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

130 here. And it started so very well. :(

The Asmo is vacuuming the local book stores for all the non-fiction they have this afternoon, see if He is not! Unacceptable! :rant1:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken