News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Whole town abducted by aliens

Started by zorkan, November 26, 2023, 12:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zorkan

Time: November night 1965.
Place: Green Lane, Grantham, Lincolnshire, England.
According to Anthony Malinn in his book UFO Official Briefing all the 25,000 residents were abducted by aliens.
In what seems to be a sequel called Asylum, Mallin goes into a case history.
All had their memories wiped and were returned to earth.
The author also relates the drama which followed with the intelligence services trailing him.
I do have a copy of the first book.
All I can say is just read it.
I've never found a copy of Asylum, not even in the library loan service.

zorkan

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UFO-Official-Briefing-Green-Cover-up/dp/0955202043/ref=sr_1_2?crid=I9HI1IA0E0NZ&keywords=anthony+mallin&qid=1701003147&sprefix=anthony+mallin%2Caps%2C86&sr=8-2

Point here is why are books like this so compelling to read.
Might explain why PM Margaret Thatcher, also of the parish was the intended victim.

Plenty of air force bases in Lincolnshire most likely explanation + mass hallucination.

Asmodean

Eh... Mass hallucinations are plausible, but a bit of a stretch.

Mass delusions by the properly predisposed sound a bit more likely.

People not bothering to loudly contradict fiction that some crackpot is peddling as The Reptilians'(tm) Own Truth is an other option.

I am unfamiliar with this case, and don't find UFO conspiracies particularly fascinating, though I used to in my younger, less jaded days - all I'm doing here is reductive application of Ockham's Razor - identify the variables you can do without, then see if it still makes sense. Perhaps the only unavoidable variable is, indeed, a crackpot?

If I were to take it a little more seriously though, I'd say disregard any and all "witness" "testimony" and look at the data* - if there is any.

*The kind that can be measured, reproduced and weighted with regard to statistical significance. MRI scans and such-like.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

If this quote is reliable then Margaret Thatcher may have known something about UFO's.
"UFOs! You must get your facts right and you can't tell the people".
As told to a UFO researcher called Georgina Bruni.
Let's not go into politics.

Grantham was not only home to Thatcher, but it was where Newton went to school, and it's quiet.
I've recovered my copy of UFO Official Briefing (2008) from its hiding place in the garage.
It reads like a draft with spelling and punctuation mistakes.
Last sentence in a book of over 300 pages:
"I've watched them, observed them, they are like drones, take the skin off and look at them what you see is a bloody horror story."

Could be just a horror story  by an author struggling with PTSD.
But why do we have so many mental health problems today?
Are our brains incapable of living in a society that could in some way be controlled by 'aliens'?

Asmodean

I would expect the nation leaders to know plenty of factual "UFO-stories," but none of them alien to this planet. Intrusions into a nation's airspace by objects that are not identified - either because they cannot be, or because they seek not to be - are likely not that uncommon.

An earthly aircraft with its transponder switched off is a UFO - until and unless you identify it by for example visually reading the tail number.

That being what it is though, I'd like to revisit the abduction thing a little.

What strikes me as odd-though-not-odd-at-all, is how human the abductors are in their thinking. Here you have a species, capable of interstellar travel, teleportation, tractor beam technology, abducting a whole usually-Hillbillyville full of usually-hillbillies (no disrespect) and anally-probing-of-things-for-science, and yet for some reason they attempt to hide their intentions. Wipe memories and whatever else have you. Would humans ever care to wipe a chimp's memory after poking it in its holes for science? Well, we would be that to those aliens, if not less - far less.

Let us give them their due and maybe not assign such earthly - worse, deeply anthropomorphic - motives to creatures that may not think anything like we do.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

I wouldn't expect aliens to be anything like us.
They might be some sort of AI, which is still in its infancy here.

To give some credibility to this I recommend Avi Loeb's book Extraterrestrial.

Asmodean

Indeed, they may be artificial in origin. In fact, I suspect that to be far more likely than any sort of organic life engaging in interstellar travel. It quite simply takes too long.

Still, for all I know, there may be intelligent organic life forms living on completely different time scales to humans - and I'm potentially talking decamillennia here, if we assume that they travel anywhere "far" within a single lifetime and within "conventional" cosmic speed limits, though even they would, I suspect, send robots as their vanguard into space and only embark on such journeys them-more-or-less-squishy-selves when necessary for things like relocation, colonization and such like.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

Brian Cox argued that as we have never detected their probes then intelligent alien life does not exist in our region of the galaxy.
Martin Rees does not rule out we might one day detect their AI.
Then Avi Loeb identifies the fast moving Oumuamua with an alien probe.
He went on to say it wouldn't look like a probe to us.
Like a cave man would just identify a mobile phone as a rock.

One thing I'm sure about is if it looks like our technology, then it is our technology.
There are no alien Greys or Nordics because they look too much like us.

zorkan

Michio Kaku suggests that one day huge worm holes could open up to allow us to escape the death of our universe.
I guess that some intelligence might already be able to do this to explore the galaxy.

Asmodean

Yeah, it's fun to speculate on the nature of the unknown.

My personal take is that the great filter takes care of life before it spreads too far. Also, I suspect the filtration mechanism may be a multi-part affair. Species around volatile stars may not survive their outbursty nature long enough to leave their planet. Species that arise towards the end of their star's life may not survive that. Species around the most stable of red dwarfs may not survive themselves - or some other, more natural Great Extinction, quietly going the way of the dinosaurs. Some might even reach space and be able to sort-of navigate it, but not be able to breed or mature outside suitable planetary conditions. I think it would take a set of rare circumstances indeed for a species to even approach interplanetary - not to mention galactic or intergalactic. The universe - it is a hostile place of mostly-nothing-sprinkled-with-fire.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Michio Kaku can be entertaining, in part because he's willing to pontificate on topics well beyond his area of expertise. He's not above spreading baseless speculation. I tend to take most things he says with a side of sodium chloride.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

No salt makes one's food bland, is what I say. :smilenod:

I have not heard Michio Kaku speak from a position of authority about that, in which he has no such position (actually at all, if I think about it) - possibly because I've simply not heard very much of him, period. Still, it is worth noting again and again and for as long as needed, that an impressive name does not a good argument make - especially when said name starts throwing itself around, kind-of like, "but mom, how can you know that if I use the road as a football field, I'll get run over by a garbage truck?" "Because I'm your mother, that's how!" Yeah, that was deeply unpersuasive when I was ten.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

I do find Kaku to be more entertaining than sci-fi, and I guess he thinks he might be right about some things to go down in history. He has strongly influenced string theory, and he may be right.
He also knows it's not testable at the present.

Just go back to the abduction story. All occupants of Grantham were abducted by aliens in 1965.
What followed is alleged to be the biggest cover-up in British history.
We know that one victim suffered with PTSD.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34756534/

Icarus

Quote"but mom, how can you know that if I use the road as a football field, I'll get run over by a garbage truck?" "Because I'm your mother, that's how!" Yeah, that was deeply unpersuasive when I was ten.

I got a good laugh from that bit. And all along we thought that the Asmo had no sense of humor.

Asmodean

A sense of humor and no garbage truck tracks across His Divine Rump. :smilenod:

It should be said though, that example does demonstrate what I was aiming for; not only is the reasoning insufficient for the problem at hand, but, especially if made "later in the game," it's often a "frustration argument" besides. It's a stubborn attempt at "knowing better" when either you do not, or you do not know how to share your knowledge.

I myself semi-regularly bang my head against that last one - having exhausted my capability for... Teaching, I suppose, but having failed to convince. I don't fall back on telling people they are idiots or to go read some greater thinker though, so I suppose I have that going for me. Recognising that the problem is in the mirror. Yeah. I am great, and yet I am humble. :grin:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.