News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Will you eat ze bugs?

Started by Old Seer, September 26, 2023, 03:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Seer

Klaus Shwalb and associates want the general floks to dine on bugs to save the environment. After they get farmers removed along with the cattle they want people stuck wit ze bugs. It's a safe bet "they" won't give up their steak, chops and chickens nor their fillets and beef wellingtons. I'm hoping the alternative economies will be in full effect by the time they get their (not our) preferences. Nematodes and meal worms don't look very appetizing to me. When as a boy on the farm I had no idea I was walking on food, but the chickens didn't mind. 
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Tank

I eat shrimps, prawns and muscles so I have no problem widening my pallet.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

::) 

"From 4chan to international politics, a bug-eating conspiracy theory goes mainstream" | NPR

QuoteRight-wing figures can demonize their opponents by tying these conspiracies to them, says the ADL's Aniano. She notes that those who have supported eating insects only suggest doing so on a voluntary basis.

Indeed, arthropods are already part of the diet of almost all of those who're not vegetarian or vegan.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

Are bread and cereals vegetarian? Because there are indeed many insect parts in any grain product.

Icarus

Crickets are being processed here in the US as a sort of delicacy for those with a need for a diverse source of nourishment. Cricket as food, is touted as a source of essential vitamins or minerals.  I have not tried that delicacy just yet.

The aboriginals of Australia are said to eat witchity(sp) grubs. The grubs can be found in abundance or so the tale goes.

The Magic Pudding..

If you don't eat ze bugs, you can't have any pudding!
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat ze bugs?!
Quote from: Recusant on September 26, 2023, 11:32:45 PM::) 

"From 4chan to international politics, a bug-eating conspiracy theory goes mainstream" | NPR

QuoteShe notes that those who have supported eating insects only suggest doing so on a voluntary basis.

Not me, I support mandatory, compulsory strictly enforced insects, worms and thingamiepods for all those right wing spoilt toddler types.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on September 28, 2023, 12:06:22 AMvegan here.

no.

Of course. But it make me wonder where the dividing line lies and what constitutes the 'line'?  :scratch:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

ive eaten dried meal worms. they taste like peanut skins but horrify the children. very entertaining.

i dont see any difference between prawns and grasshoppers, or crayfish and beetles.

its mostly european cultures that dont eat bugs. amerindians and mexicans see em as delicacies. and people eat em in africa

Asmodean

I have no illusions about my regular food being bug (or, for that matter, an occasio0nal pubic hair) free.

Bugs as a primary source of protein... Yeah. If they had a pleasant taste and an interesting texture, I'd eat them. Those and being generally non-toxic are pretty much the sum of my primary criteria for classifying something as food.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding..

no.

Vegan?
Yet you enslave bees, have them live and die at your whim, steal from them the product of their labour.

billy rubin

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on September 30, 2023, 12:31:58 PM

no.

Vegan?
Yet you enslave bees, have them live and die at your whim, steal from them the product of their labour.

theyre not slaves just yet. i provide them a weathertight box to live in, but theyre free to go at any time and often do. i feed them, medicate them, make sure their parasites are killed off, and try to keep em happy. ive not tsken any honey, wax or pollen from them and probably wont until i get thirty ir forty hives. then ill start exploiting them.

bees are mostly commensal with me. that doesnt fly with the idiot vegans, but theyre too uninformed to argue with in general.

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: billy rubin on September 30, 2023, 02:16:17 PM

no.

Vegan?

i provide them a weathertight box to live in,

Ye, I expect it is common for slavers to think themselves benevolent.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on September 30, 2023, 02:47:57 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on September 30, 2023, 02:16:17 PM

no.

Vegan?

i provide them a weathertight box to live in,

Ye, I expect it is common for slavers to think themselves benevolent.

That's a fine comment coming from the descendent of criminals ;)

billy rubin