News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Should we get rid of the Hall of Shame?

Started by Whitney, July 19, 2008, 04:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Due to recent events, I am thinking The Hall of Shame was a bad experiment.  But, I'm going to let the members decide if it stays or if I move all the hall of shame posts back to the religion section and delete the hall of shame category.  To be clear, either way, no posts will be deleted.

comments, thoughts, concerns?

myleviathan

What's the reason you're thinking about getting rid of it?
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Whitney

Quote from: "myleviathan"What's the reason you're thinking about getting rid of it?

I am concerned that it advertises that we have a troll problem and/or like trolls.  I could be wrong, which is why I started the poll.

myleviathan

I can see why you would like to get rid of it, then. Trolls are fun, in a way - I admit I get a kick out of the stuff they write sometimes. I think others may have some attraction to them as well. But it may encourage poor form from all.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Asmodean

You can always rename it to "Recycle Bin" and make a neutral-sounding forum description.

EDIT: you can also edit user permissions for HOS so that only mods and admins can post there, but everyone can read. A closed forum is not advertising anything, is it? :-)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Will

I don't think it's a good idea. We are not a vindictive group, and displaying the less honorable members sends the message that we will make fun as punishment.

Atheists are adults, no matter their age.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Asmodean

The point, as I see it, is not having a troll head display, but a place to stash away all the junk and keep it because a lot of troll posts end up having a good deal of good quality feedback in them.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

McQ

I'll go with getting rid of it. I never went in there much anyway. I'd rather not keep it.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Willravel"I don't think it's a good idea. We are not a vindictive group, and displaying the less honorable members sends the message that we will make fun as punishment.

Atheists are adults, no matter their age.

True but it is also a way to show how freethinking people are treated.I think it should stay but the topics in the hall of shame should be closed to more posting.

Dickson

I'd like to get rid of it, but I'll go ahead and call my desire a self-serving one.   ;)
"If there is a God,
I know he likes to rock"
--Billy Corgan

Asmodean

I just noticed: the question in the poll is the opposite of the one in the thread name...  :beer:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Whitney

Quote from: "Asmodean"I just noticed: the question in the poll is the opposite of the one in the thread name...  :unsure: I'm not sure, but I think I may have voted for the wrong party

Opps, that was not on purpose...i'll fix the thread title.  I'm going to let the poll run till monday (to make sure anyone that cares got a chance to vote) then act based on whatever the outcome is.

Btw, if anyone voted incorrectly or has changed their minds, you can change your vote until the poll closes.

Whitney

Hall of shame is being removed....existing posts will be moved to religion.

Dickson

Thanks for that, Laetusatheos.  I know the decision wasn't made with my feelings in mind, but it's a lot easier for me to navigate around here without seeing the stupidity of other "Christians" staring me in the forehead.
"If there is a God,
I know he likes to rock"
--Billy Corgan

karadan

When you log onto a christian forum and express views differing to their beliefs, you'll be banned quicker than Speedy Gonzalez on speed. I think we are being much fairer to them by keeping their posts. Pointing out the fact that they are shamefull is no big deal.

I vote to keep it.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.