News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

In The News: Noah's Arks

Started by The Magic Pudding.., September 06, 2023, 11:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding..

That's a newish piece of statuary in town, daughter said someone put a dolls leg in its mouth once.
Anyway someone got a bit chewed on a local beach a couple of weeks ago.

In the news today:

QuoteThree men on board an inflatable catamaran were pulled from the sea in the early hours of Wednesday after "several shark attacks" left their vessel partially sunken off the Australian northeastern coast.

Two Russians and one French national, ages 28 to 63, were on board the boat as it traveled from Vanuatu to the northeastern city of Cairns, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) said in a statement.

The 9-meter (30-foot) Russian-registered vessel appeared to run into trouble when sharks attacked its inflatable hulls.

"Both hulls of the vessel have been damaged following several shark attacks," AMSA said in the statement.

Hmm, blow up boats  :smileshake:
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Asmodean

The Asmo has always wondered what a shark in a suit of full plate would look like. Now He knows. What's more, He both approves and wants one. :smilenod:

Sharks don't normally attack boats above certain size though, do they? At least from what I've heard, they attack surfboards and such because they mistake their silhouette against the surface for edible marine life. Any truth to that?  I mean... Catamarans hardly look like marine life, do they?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

I have heard it said that sharks will nibble at surf boards etc. to see if they are edible. The trouble is that a nibble from a Great White can be fatal.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Hotter weather makes humans meaner and more irritable. I wonder if hotter oceans has the same effect on sharks.

Icarus

The sharks are small ones, less than a meter long. They are often called "cookie cutter sharks". They have fang like teeth in the upper jaw and saw like teeth in the lower jaw.  Their bite makes a crescent shaped incision. They chew on all sorts of things including other fish, even whales. Boats, barrels, Barnacles, and bimbo bottoms are all fair game. They are found mostly in the Southern ocean.

Asmodean

Quote from: Icarus on September 08, 2023, 12:40:36 AMbimbo bottoms
Ah! Fish of refined tastes, I see. :smilenod:

That is to say... Do they eat the silicone what leaks out?  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.