News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Who are the walking dead?

Started by MarcusA, August 03, 2023, 03:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Icarus

Sorry to tell you, Marcus, there are millions of them walking around out there. Some of them are peaceful, they can be good, loyal friends,even to non believers. Some are less congenial. On the less pleasing side, our lives are influenced by the evangelical types, whether we recognize that reality or not.

I actually consort with Christians on a daily basis. We do not talk religion. If they begin to "bring me to Jesus" I leave the scene, politely if possible. My assessment of those situations is that the christian people are willingly misinformed, and frequently influenced by charlatans with titles such as  Pastor, Minister,Deacon, etc. The sad part is that some, not all, of the charlatons actually believe that they are legitimately doing Gods work.

I advise you or other readers to make friends with some of the Christian folk. Some of them are damned fine people.  They believe things that we do not believe. So?  I reckon that mature individuals can put aside the differences.

MarcusA

I have an Aunt who I love that said she didn't believe her own daughter and me were atheists as we were two good people.  It goes to show the depth of the delusions that these kind and good religious people carry with them on a daily basis. I am not going to abandon my Aunt because she's ignorant like I didn't abandoned her sister, my mother, for voting One Nation. Plenty of people voted One Nation in those early times.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

billy rubin

what is One Nation?

im in the States and we dont know stuff

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Quote from: MarcusA on August 04, 2023, 03:13:22 AMI have an Aunt who I love that said she didn't believe her own daughter and me were atheists as we were two good people.  It goes to show the depth of the delusions that these kind and good religious people carry with them on a daily basis. I am not going to abandon my Aunt because she's ignorant like I didn't abandoned her sister, my mother, for voting One Nation. Plenty of people voted One Nation in those early times.

Have you got access to a proper keyboard now? I hate typing on a smartphone.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.