News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

A mind of Metal and Huwheels

Started by Asmodean, August 02, 2023, 10:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on August 02, 2023, 08:23:13 AMRead it in a posh English accent, it's hilarious!

:smilenod: Is how that is meant to be read... Hmm... I wonder if I can ask Bing to make me a posh English game review..?

...Oh, the shiny metal ass of my new microelectronic God, it can!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Asmodean

Hmm... Hmmmmmm.... Bender, you say..? :headscratch:

... :lol: Bender. :smilenod:

The Asmo demandeth;

QuoteGive me a brief analysis of the Tesla stock in style of Bender from Futurama.

Bender responds;

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

As much as you want to run away from death, it has your arse pinned.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

Explain to me what happened with Mags, Asmo, in your own words.

MarcusA

And what the hell are huwheels? The closest that I have got is hook up wheels, but if you think electric cars are hot, you have rocks for brains. Seriously, Elon Musk has to be the uncoolest person in the world.

MarcusA

Asmodean

Quote from: MarcusA on August 02, 2023, 10:32:32 PMExplain to me what happened with Mags, Asmo, in your own words.
The TL;DR of it is that in my world view, words are sequences of symbols and sounds that carry situational and contextual meaning. (Their "time and place") The shared meaning of them is in the informal agreement where we "all" agree to, say, paint a mind picture of a cat when we hear or read the word "cat."

I do not think that there is any such sequence of symbols and sounds that is by itself so beyond the pale as to never be used - even (especially, in fact) when that is the word that best works in the sentence I try to construct. The rusty nails, should there be any, in the verbal club then come from the manner in which you wield it.

I don't want to speak for Mags - that's a slippery-ass slope, but she does not share the above opinion, and so when said sequences of symbols were used and there was no sufficient aftermath for her satisfaction, she decided to leave, as did Bruno.

Quote from: MarcusA on August 02, 2023, 10:42:48 PMAnd what the hell are huwheels? The closest that I have got is hook up wheels, but if you think electric cars are hot, you have rocks for brains. Seriously, Elon Musk has to be the uncoolest person in the world.
"A mind of metal and wheels" is a Lord of the Rings quote. Here, I simply use it as a colourful way of saying "AI."
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

Words are loaded pistols.
- Sartre

I believe that Mags just committed suicide in a shared massacre.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Asmodean on August 03, 2023, 07:36:26 AM
Quote from: MarcusA on August 02, 2023, 10:32:32 PMExplain to me what happened with Mags, Asmo, in your own words.
The TL;DR of it is that in my world view, words are sequences of symbols and sounds that carry situational and contextual meaning. (Their "time and place") The shared meaning of them is in the informal agreement where we "all" agree to, say, paint a mind picture of a cat when we hear or read the word "cat."

I do not think that there is any such sequence of symbols and sounds that is by itself so beyond the pale as to never be used - even (especially, in fact) when that is the word that best works in the sentence I try to construct. The rusty nails, should there be any, in the verbal club then come from the manner in which you wield it.

I don't want to speak for Mags - that's a slippery-ass slope, but she does not share the above opinion, and so when said sequences of symbols were used and there was no sufficient aftermath for her satisfaction, she decided to leave, as did Bruno.

Quote from: MarcusA on August 02, 2023, 10:42:48 PMAnd what the hell are huwheels? The closest that I have got is hook up wheels, but if you think electric cars are hot, you have rocks for brains. Seriously, Elon Musk has to be the uncoolest person in the world.
"A mind of metal and wheels" is a Lord of the Rings quote. Here, I simply use it as a colourful way of saying "AI."

Well said!

Dark Lightning

Quote from: MarcusA on August 04, 2023, 12:21:23 AMWords are loaded pistols.
- Sartre

I have you on ignore for obvious reasons, but the ignormatron doesn't cover all cases, it would seem. You are completely incorrect in your assessment of why Mags left.

MarcusA

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 04, 2023, 01:31:35 AM
- Sartre

I have you on ignore for obvious reasons, but the ignormatron doesn't cover all cases, it would seem. You are completely incorrect in your assessment of why Mags left.

How am I wrong? Please explain.

Asmodean

To do so, we would have to back-talk someone who is neither a public figure, nor here to be involved in any discussion regarding her.

Personally, I will not do that, so the best I can give you is that it was neither a "suicide" nor a "massacre." A somewhat better metaphor would be leaving the house, locking the door behind you and throwing away the key.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: MarcusA on August 04, 2023, 01:42:56 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 04, 2023, 01:31:35 AM
- Sartre

How am I wrong? Please explain.

No. And you're just trolling now. Move on.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MarcusA