News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

People Want To See Gratitude From Ukraine

Started by The Magic Pudding., July 14, 2023, 12:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding.

QuoteAccording to widely reported comments, Ben Wallace said that "whether we like it or not, people want to see gratitude."
    "I said to the Ukrainians last year, when I drove 11 hours to [Kyiv to] be given a list — I said, 'I am not Amazon'," he went on to add.
    In response to Wallace's comments Ukraine's president, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, said "we were always grateful."

I do want a bit of gratitude, $790,000,000 deserves a thank you, there are always local needs that are unmet. I think we've received more than enough thanks though, I don't require grovelling.
They ask for a lot, well they are desperate, we can and do say yes or no.

So is Ukraine sufficiently servile?

What do you know about cluster bombs Green?
They sound nasty

Recusant

Yes the cluster bombs thing is f'd up. However, the Ukrainians apparently have an alternate use for at least some of them.

"Ukraine Could Repurpose U.S. Cluster Weapons As Anti-Tank Drone Bombs" | Forbes

QuoteThese controversial weapons, which scatter many small bomblets over a wide area, are banned by the Convention on Cluster Munitions, also known as the Oslo Convention. This is because they tend to leave many unexploded submunitions, which can be deadly to civilians years afterwards. The U.S. is not a signatory to the Oslo Convention, and neither is Ukraine. Nor is Russia, which has been using cluster weapons without restraint in Ukraine, targeting civilian areas and causing hundreds of casualties.

However, Ukraine can de-cluster these bombs and turn them into precision weapons that do not cause indiscriminate harm.

Ukraine has requested American Mk.20 Rockeye II anti-tank cluster bombs. One 500-pound Rockeye contains 247 small bomblets, each capable of destroying a tank. The weapon was designed so U.S. attack aircraft could take on formations of Russian armor. But Reuters cites two members of the U.S. House Armed Services Committee stating that the Ukrainians plan to dismantle the Rockeyes and use the submunitions individually as drone bombs. Rather than being spread over an area the size of a football field en masse, each bomb will be dropped individually and aimed at a specific vehicle.

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

^ I read about that, also. Given the paucity of Russian tanks :D and the fact that the Russians are in trenches, cluster munitions would be essentially worthless. Dismantling them and using the individual bomblets makes good sense. 1 bomblet = 1 tank is a good trade. Plus the rest won't have to be hunted down and exploded later. There's enough crap laying around already to make Ukraine a dangerous place for quite awhile.