News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

All The New Nazis

Started by The Magic Pudding., July 04, 2023, 02:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding.

What is the attraction for the new for these failed funts?

Racial purists..

A friend shared what his dad said "they were like animals"
An allied soldier's appraisal of their Soviet allies

Never mind your bases, all your sacrosanct women belong to them

What is the attraction of these failed funts?

The Magic Pudding.

The confederate should have won sings to failed Nazi should have won sings to the Tumpian should have won
There are strange songs being sung, it's why I always carry a cricket bat.

Recusant

Social progress is frightening to many people. In fact seen as "degeneracy." That isn't the only aspect of current affairs which some see as a threat. "All those horrible immigrants!"

The list can be expanded at will, but the result for a significant percentage of people is desire for a force that will offer a promise of protection from the bogeys.

The generation that confronted a previous incarnation of the "funts" has almost completely gone, and the lessons the world supposedly learned around the middle of the last century have faded. The attraction remains, for those who are so inclined. 
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on July 04, 2023, 08:19:26 PMwhat is a "funt?"?

billy, Magic Pudding is just trying to keep the language down.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

billy rubin

oh.

im not very perceptive about stuff like that.

half the time im lost trying to deal with you ozzies anyway

set the function, not the mechanism.

MarcusA

It's just rock 'n' roll, child's stuff.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Icarus

Among the Nazis are the movement called Moms for liberty. They are far right wing, Jesus freak, women who have gained some fame. They are hell bent to take over school boards and put some pressure on teachers to teach only what the Moms agree with. 

They are Feminazis. They have earned other nicknames such as KKKarens, Assholes with Casseroles, and a few other appropriate descriptions.

Recusant

:smilenod: I like that appropriation of "feminazi."
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

It's all of a piece. I remember sitting in my carving club listening to the chump voters braying at length about Hilary's emails, but not a peep from the Hilary supporters. The chump is a bully, and they support that. Most people just want to get along instead of inciting to riot.

Asmodean

I suspect that the attraction to Nazism, new or old, comes from broadly the same places as that to Communism. That it's a failed ideology either doesn't matter to a lot of people, or they just don't think about it. Or, because they are totes smarter than the entire governments that tried, they think they can do it better.

As for why in the first place? It paints a picture of the world they find pleasing and/or paints a picture of their enemies, perceived or actual, on fire.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

It might well be that people are attracted to Nazism, because they are fed up being exposed to woke politics. At least that is the case here in Germany. 20% of the German population now openly supports the AfD political party. Main reasons for this is that the old political parties are too much involved in (for example) gender ideology, (overly) green politics, illegal immigration and LGTB* activism. Some of the AfD party leaders in the east of Germany are notorious neo-Nazis, with other words real creeps.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Personally, I would classify it as "uprising against" than "attraction to," but it's a valid point. When it comes to voters, many may not be voting for a given ideology as much as they are voting as against another as they can.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

I agree. What I see here as well, is that the established political parties as well as the mainstream media are no longer trusted. Especially during COVID we saw that these two groups had no problems with the lockdowns, lying to the people, restricting the rights of people and condemning free speech. Mistakes were made, but no-one ever apologized for the damage done. So, people vote against the old parties out of protest. 
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

Here is is mainly whites with no college education who are scared of changes in society. That is a broad generalization, but that's mainly who it is. They are afraid of losing whatever status being white, straight, and working class has. So. they adopt a radical extremist philosophy in an attempt to maintain their social position and privilege. Being white and straight is about all they have, so they are terrified at that not being the norm.