News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Weekend plans...

Started by rlrose328, July 17, 2008, 07:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlrose328

So... what is everyone up to this weekend?

In our little town, we have a Robin Hood Festival every summer and this weekend is it.  THere's a parade, games, plays, etc., all based on Robin Hood.  Why Robin Hood, you ask?  Because our town is named Sherwood.  :-)

However, this year, I'm not going... last year, the kid walked with his taekwondo dojang but this year, not so much.  Besides, the hubby HATES this type of crowded people thing.

Me, I'm headed to a solo hotel weekend to scrapbook, read, sleep, watch movies, drink, whatever my little heart desires.  Hubby got me a Residence Inn room with kitchen for $48 a night (thank you Priceline!) and it's near a Trader Joe's, so I'll check in, drag all my scrapbooking stuff into the room, hit TJs for some snacks and wine, then head back to the hotel to hang out.  It might sound boring, but after a month with my mom and my son (which actually went well, but still), it's nice to have some total ME time.  Just with my ME time could involve my hubby, but one of us has to watch the kid.  LOL!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

McQ

Nice, Rose. That "me" time sounds perfect. Although I'd get a kick out of the Robin Hood Festival too. Especially since I was cast as Little John a couple of years ago at the PA Renaissance Faire. Fun stuff!

Enjoy your time!

Me? a Divisional Swim meet AND a soccer tournament on Saturday. I'll probably take 1000 pictures, easy. Sunday, I'm hoping to sleep in. I've had a stressful week in Chicago, and want so bad to be in my own bed!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

rlrose328

That sounds like fun!!!  Tomorrow, I'm signing the kid up for swim lessons (and a membership for just him) at the local YMCA.  He took to the pool like a fish at Grandma's house last month and now says he wants to be on a swim team.  We need for him to learn how to "breathe" in the pool... at Grandma's, he used a face mask with a nose cover.   :hmm:
**Kerri**

Asmodean

Asmodean will sit in his dark corner, composing dark poetry. And then he'll hang around here. and then more poetry. And so on.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

rlrose328

Quote from: "Asmodean"Asmodean will sit in his dark corner, composing dark poetry. And then he'll hang around here. and then more poetry. And so on.

<thread hijack>

Speaking of dark poetry, when at my mom's house, she handed me a piece of paper with a poem on it and asked, "Is this something you wrote?"  I glanced at it and said it was.  "It's pretty dark, don't you think?" she asked.

"Yup, it sure is," I said.

When I was a teen, I wrote a BUNCH of dark, angsty stuff, before it was a cool thing to do.  I guess if she doesn't want a glance into my psyche of the day, she shouldn't read my stuff.

</thread hijack>
**Kerri**

Asmodean

[derail] There is a thread here somewhere containing some of my older dark poetry. The edited and revised stuff. Look it up if you're interested :-) [/derail]
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MariaEvri

Quote from: "rlrose328"So... what is everyone up to this weekend?

In our little town, we have a Robin Hood Festival every summer and this weekend is it.  THere's a parade, games, plays, etc., all based on Robin Hood.  

I love those festivals. Plus medieval festivals. Cyprus is such a boring place, we dont have them here.
Im just gonna go scuba diving saturday mornin, then go to a beach party at night and on sunday meh... propably stay at home.

edit: my spelling sucks!!!
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

rlrose328

Another thing to add to my "I've Never" list... I've never been scuba diving!  Do you do underwater photography?  That would be awesome!

Have a great weekend!
**Kerri**

afreethinker30

Friday hubby is taking my youngest fishing.So me and the oldest will probley just hang out around home and swim.Other then that I plan on finishing a video in hommage to freethought men,another on various persons of freethought and run a few errands.Most of my weekends the boys usually have sports but the season is over so I get to sleep in YAY.

Chimera

My mom's birthday is on Saturday, so we're having a big barbecue and party for her. My sister and her family are in town, and she has friends coming over so it should be fun for her. On Sunday, I'm taking her to see Mamma Mia! because she loves ABBA, musicals, and Meryl Streep. She's very much looking forward to it.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

ewomack

Reading a thick history of creationism that focuses on those who claim scientific credentials. I'm about 120/400 pages through and it's been fascinating so far. It was written by an ex-Adventist who lost his faith while attending college.

Apart from that, updating my website, watching a documentary on Rome, listening to strange music, and other reading/research...
Ed Womack
Get Milked

MariaEvri

Quote from: "rlrose328"Another thing to add to my "I've Never" list... I've never been scuba diving!  Do you do underwater photography?  That would be awesome!

Have a great weekend!

yeah im a photography-fanatic. I take my canera everywhere even underwater :)
www.poseidonsimons.com

Whitney

We have a huge deadline monday on a project that isn't going smoothly due to reasons beyond our control...so I have to work this weekend.  :(

myleviathan

Ahhh, festivals, poetry, and general merry-making. Alas I will also be working, most of the day Saturday at least. Probably going to go to the pool or something on Sunday. Bla.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

MariaEvri

Quote from: "laetusatheos"We have a huge deadline monday on a project that isn't going smoothly due to reasons beyond our control...so I have to work this weekend.  :(

work in weekend? *hissssss
www.poseidonsimons.com