News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Greetings from Colorado

Started by pattylt, June 19, 2023, 03:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pattylt

Hello all,

I'm a long time atheist, raised Orthodox Judiasm but left it ALL behind in my early 20's...it took a few years.

I'm now a 70yo grandmother, married 50 years this November.  Hubby is an atheist, too, as are my 2 children and 3 grandchildren.

I hope we can have some lively discussions soon!

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Hello Patty!

Welcome to the loony bin, get stuck in!

Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, pattylt. Glad to have you here! There are lively discussions here, but mostly just hanging around. I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.

:animwelcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Anne D.

Hello, Patty, and welcome : )

No one

Oy vey, where are the knishes?

Tank

Quote from: No one on June 19, 2023, 08:19:37 PMOy vey, where are the knishes?

We ate them. You really need to stay awake! :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

pattylt

Dark Lightning

Bluenose

G'day mate!  One of our resident Antipodeans here, have a great time!  Of course, I should point out that it really all the other people that live in the Antipodes, the Land of Oz is really the centre of the universe...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

pattylt

Quote from: Bluenose on June 20, 2023, 01:59:40 AMG'day mate!  One of our resident Antipodeans here, have a great time!  Of course, I should point out that it really all the other people that live in the Antipodes, the Land of Oz is really the centre of the universe...

Not according to every map in the USA.  We are ALWAYS the center!  The world rotates around us Americans.  We let Canada think they're included...shhh, don't tell them!

Cranky

Greetings from another newbie (from Canada).  We know each other from other forums.

Dark Lightning