News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Should you attack the innocent?

Started by MarcusA, June 12, 2023, 11:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Asmodean

Should you attack the innocent? No. You should probably not even attack the guilty.

There are scenarios, however, where there is a certain expectation of collateral damage, in which case the argument is usually to minimise rather than eliminate it. I suppose if you tried the latter, using civilian population as human shields would be an all-effective tactic.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

I was speaking metaphorically about the faithful, Asmo.

Asmodean

Oh! All opinions, therein faith of any shape and colour, are fair game. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Just don't leave any survivors. That way it's your story against theirs, and they don't have one.

Problem solved.

Asmodean

:thoughtful: The Asmo beholds the wisdom and notes it down for later wide-scale application. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

Quote from: Asmodean on June 13, 2023, 07:29:36 AMShould you attack the innocent? No. You should probably not even attack the guilty.

There are scenarios, however, where there is a certain expectation of collateral damage, in which case the argument is usually to minimise rather than eliminate it. I suppose if you tried the latter, using civilian population as human shields would be an all-effective tactic.

There is a lot of sense to this, although initially off target.

MarcusA