News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

First World Problems

Started by Asmodean, May 09, 2023, 10:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

I'm pretty sure we've had a thread like this once, and I think we should again.

Life. It is hard - too hard sometimes. some lives are even harder than others. You buy a frozen pizza, and it does not fit in the oven. You spend ages growing them flowers in the garden only to have the neighbour's sheep break in and eat them all. Vent Your First World frustrations!

This morning after shower, I dried my beard using a towel, and now it's all bunched up in a ball, refusing to hang straight down! I ought to shave the damned thing right off, see if I don't! :rant1:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Asmodean

Yes. Mirrors. Alerting The Asmo to the unsightly shape of His Divine Beard!  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

No WiFi coverage is the obvious one.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

The Asmo's bathroom. Spottily covered. He still manages to watch YouTube from His throne, but over 5G.

He has all the First World problems, The Asmo does. :sadnod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on May 09, 2023, 12:24:10 PMThe Asmo's bathroom. Spottily covered. He still manages to watch YouTube from His throne, but over 5G.

I think you should see a doctor about that.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Trouble is, The Asmo is what passes for a Internet doctor. As such, His own Internet is... Like a mechanic's car or cobbler's shoes. Spotty.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

Waking up in the morning and notice that your electronic devices were not fully loaded overnight.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

The water pressure on your nice clean water supply is down a bit.

billy rubin

waking up and its -10 C in the bedroom

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

Quote from: billy rubin on May 09, 2023, 06:26:36 PMwaking up and its -10 C in the bedroom
That's like... Snow and ice type of weather!  :o
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

snow is only fun if youre warm.

Asmodean

Indeed. First World snow. It's OK... Until it becoems a First World problem. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

its always a problem where i live. i have three miles of dirt before i get to a paved road, and the road is often not ploughed. ive been stuck a mile from the house before and had to leave the truck there fro days

last winter i had to pull people out on a chain three times

other times its mud. or the road is underwater. or there is no road anymore.

Asmodean

You know, you and a certain Eastern european nation seem to have broadly the same issue there. :smilenod:

The Asmo, He suggests a few tonnes of decadent Capitalist gravel, preferably on a bed of some larger rocks. That, or a belted sort of vehicle... Might be cheaper and less aggravating in the long run.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.