News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

US Supreme Court Leans Toward Repudiating Separation of Church and State

Started by Recusant, June 21, 2022, 08:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Tank on August 08, 2022, 06:03:51 PM
Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on August 08, 2022, 04:35:46 PMSeparation of church and state is a notion I do not support.

I see it as impossible to enforce.

A person cannot shut off half his thinking when entering a political office.

I also believe that the teaching of all religions should be mandated.

We are duty bound to show our children the goods and evils of religions.

They should learn as early as possible to reject the homophobia and misogyny of our more vile religions.

All moral people will agree.

Regards
DL

The answer is simple. Don't let believers hold office. If they are conflicted they shouldn't be allowed to stand.

What conflict, as God is never debated by governments.

Believing or not has nothing to do with a politician doing his job.

Like in most work places, the religious are just asked to keep their Gods out of the work place.

If you want to stop evil, how about the satanic Christian church that funded the Ugandan Kill the Gays bill.

Now if we had a morality test based on equality to weed out political homophobes and the misogynous, ---- sign me up.

Regards
DL

No one

What planet are you from?
Does this planet's atmosphere get you high?

Tank

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on August 08, 2022, 10:26:57 PM
Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on August 08, 2022, 04:35:46 PMSeparation of church and state is a notion I do not support.

They should learn as early as possible to reject the homophobia and misogyny of our more vile religions.

Regards
DL

The answer is simple. Don't let believers hold office. If they are conflicted they shouldn't be allowed to stand.

Like in most work places, the religious are just asked to keep their Gods out of the work place.

If you want to stop evil, how about the satanic Christian church that funded the Ugandan Kill the Gays bill.

Now if we had a morality test based on equality to weed out political homophobes and the misogynous, ---- sign me up.

Regards
DL

The conflict of insanity vs sanity. At the end of the day believers are self delusional. I don't want that sort of person running the government of any country. But as there are so many nutters I suppose some will slip through.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Tank on August 09, 2022, 08:13:49 AM

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

The conflict of insanity vs sanity. At the end of the day believers are self delusional. I don't want that sort of person running the government of any country. But as there are so many nutters I suppose some will slip through.

When American's, a dumbed down people, elect media stars instead of professional politicians, what do you expect?

Regards
DL

Magdalena

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on September 14, 2022, 09:17:02 PMWhen American's, a dumbed down people, elect media stars instead of professional politicians, what do you expect?

Regards
DL

By the way, you have 4 spelling errors...
...Speaking of "poor communication ability."

I offer my sympathy to you too.
 :reading:

Regards
M-F-er

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on September 14, 2022, 09:17:02 PM
Quote from: Tank on August 09, 2022, 08:13:49 AM

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

When American's, a dumbed down people, elect media stars instead of professional politicians, what do you expect?

Regards
DL

in my opinion vthe professional politicians are no more skilled than the media stars.

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on September 14, 2022, 10:08:49 PM...

in my opinion vthe professional politicians are no more skilled than the media stars.

You can hardly tell them apart now. More so on the right wing.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.