News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

compensating for something?

Started by EvolutionCalling, July 12, 2008, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvolutionCalling

... i get the feeling jebus isn't happy with his manhood because this is ridiculous.  look at other objects in the photos and you can get a feel for the size of this thing.  

Whitney

This cross is in Edmond Oklahoma:
[attachment=1:3820p6s2]OKEDMlifechurch_0864.jpg[/attachment:3820p6s2]
There was actually a lot of controversy over the decision to build this monster.  The church really wanted a large cross but the public and city officials did not want an eye sore.  Obviously, the church won the zoning battle.

This cross was claimed (by those running the place) to be the largest in the wester hemisphere:
[attachment=0:3820p6s2]Pictures1 055.jpg[/attachment:3820p6s2]
This pic was taken because when driving to Colorado we just had to stop to take a picture...i think it might be somewhere in the Texas panhandle.  That's me at the lower left.  The picture is about 8 years old.

afreethinker30

What a waste of money.Two sticks and some yarn work just as well. :D

quizlixx

says the christian "we never force our faith on anybody"
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Jolly Sapper

Quote from: "deadhead"says the christian "we never force our faith on anybody"

Except in giant phallic symbols that can be seen from outer space...  :crazy:

afreethinker30

That and murdering people,destorying temples and torturing those who don't believe in their Christian god.

Chimera

Kinda reminds me of Big Butter Jesus.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

Asmodean

Is that some overly rich zealot's grave or something? Couldn't quite afford the Statue of Liberty as a grave stone so settled for the next best thing?  :raised:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jrosebud

We made the trek up to Kansas (former home-sweet-home and where most of our relatives still live) via I-35 this past month from Austin.  The huge cross in Edmond was only one of the lovely religious propaganda pieces we encountered.  My personal favorite was a billboard of a disgruntled youth pointing a gun at passers-by.  The caption: "If he doesn't believe in God, shouldn't you?" (or something of siimilar sentiment).  Yes, we Atheists are all hormonal goths devoid of ethics.  Ug.
"Every post you can hitch your faith on
Is a pie in the sky,
Chock full of lies,
A tool we devise
To make sinking stones fly."

~from A Comet Apears by The Shins

Asmodean

Quote from: "jrosebud"My personal favorite was a billboard of a disgruntled youth pointing a gun at passers-by.  The caption: "If he doesn't believe in God, shouldn't you?" (or something of siimilar sentiment).  Yes, we Atheists are all hormonal goths devoid of ethics.  Ug.
The question is valid enough though. If a messed up kid with a gun knows better than to believe in a god, why should any one?

(Asmodean fades to black smug at yet again having successfully read a piece of theist propaganda in such a way as to make it atheist propaganda in stead  :D )
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Loffler

Tour guide, 2200 AD: "And to the right side of the bus, folks, we see an example of late 20th century idolatry known as a 'cross,' symbolizing the death of a lesser cult leader resulting in a popular Wester folk religion. Approaching to our left, the International House of Pancakes."

Msblue

Maybe it will be struck by lightening and burn to the ground. You know, god's will or something like that.

susangail

Quote from: "afreethinker30"That and murdering people,destorying temples and torturing those who don't believe in their Christian god.
Christian: "This is a loving and tolerant faith, as our God is a loving and graceful God."
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

susangail

Quote from: "Chimera"Kinda reminds me of Big Butter Jesus.

Song:
[youtube:rhkkq8sz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0OxLXe5YnQ[/youtube:rhkkq8sz]

Reminds me of when I went to TJ, Mexico. You cross the border and this is one of the first things you see:
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

Jolly Sapper

I was waiting for that song to show up here... I heard only last week on the way to school on the radio.