News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Man Sues Church Over 'God Injury'

Started by crocofish, July 11, 2008, 09:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crocofish

Something to add to the list of crazy church people stories:

QuoteKNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) â€" A man says he was so consumed by the spirit of God that he fell and hit his head while worshipping.

Now he wants Lakewind Church to pay $2.5 million for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.

Wow, 2.5 million dollar for being a spaz in church.

Article link
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

susangail

Kind of like the thief getting paid to rob the house when he/she slips on a rug, gets injured, and sues.
:shock:  wtf?!

That seems kind of backwards... aren't God-worshippers supposed to not be consumed by the pleasure of this world?
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

Chimera

:raised:

Just when I thought the world couldn't get any more messed up. Ah well. Maybe the church will tone down their services some? Haha.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

EvolutionCalling

Will

I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Smallville

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"what would jesus do?

Find a sleazy lawyer?
Two wrongs don't make a right but three left turns will.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." â€" Nietzsche
"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." - Clarence Darrow

afreethinker30

I read this today.I'm sure it won't fly but still costs the state money.

rlrose328

Quote from: "crocofish"Something to add to the list of crazy church people stories:

QuoteKNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) â€" A man says he was so consumed by the spirit of God that he fell and hit his head while worshipping.

Now he wants Lakewind Church to pay $2.5 million for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.

Wow, 2.5 million dollar for being a spaz in church.

Article link

Aw man... he stole my shtick!   :blink:   :D
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Atheist Mother

Will God take the witness stand on the plaintiff or defense's side?  The world holds it's breath.
“Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions”  - Jerry Falwell
“I want three words [on my tombstone]: 'Woman, Atheist, Anarchist'. That's me ”- Madalyn Murray O'Hair

Asmodean

Quote from: "Smallville"
Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"what would jesus do?

Find a sleazy lawyer?

HA! He'd get the worst State Attorney in the area. Was not Jesus supposed to be poor enough to qualify for that?  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Jolly Sapper

I'm reminded of the family of the lady that was bit by a snake and died suing the hospital...  It seems like everybody was getting stupid during that fiasco..

http://www.abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3853735&page=1

QuoteAnd these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

Mark 16:17-18

Tanker

I think the guy is a fool but its about time church paid it's followers instead of the other way around. Well for something besides child rape anyway.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Tanker"I think the guy is a fool but its about time church paid it's followers instead of the other way around. Well for something besides child rape anyway.

Good point. Pretty much everywhere, you get paid to follow someone's lead (or to lead when you get high enough up in ranks, but that's a different matter), but when it comes to church, you pay to follow the invisible boss. Why is that, I wonder?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

afreethinker30

Maybe this guy has a plan..to bankrupt the church. :evil: