News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

summer movies

Started by quizlixx, July 11, 2008, 07:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quizlixx

what should i go see
hellboy 2
the dark knight
wall-e
what else is playing
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

susangail

I just saw Hellboy 2. It was really good actually, considering I haven't seen Hellboy 1...
I hear Wall-E is amazing.
I'm planning on the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight (Heath Ledger, RIP)

I saw Hancock, that was pretty good. Cheesy of course, and it had a major blinding curve ball in there...
Get Smart is supposed to be good as well, though I haven't seen that either.

That's all I've got, it's too early for me to try to think about others (got to love midnight premieres, it totally messes with your sleeping pattern...)
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

jcm

Hulk is way better than the last one, way better. But if you are going to see it watch ironman first.

X-files looks pretty good. and yeah! the dark ka-nig-hit!  :banna:

Step Brothers looks pretty funny

i might see the clone wars

probably will wait for the love guru to come out on dvd

i will never see space chimps
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

curiosityandthecat

A handful of good films, but nothing "must see" (aside from WALL-E  :D ). It's a good summer to catch up on old cult classics and things you've been meaning to see.

For instance:
Russian Ark
The Ruling Class
La Cite des Infants Perdu
At Play in the Fields of the Lord
Tideland
Sunshine
-Curio

Atheist Mother

I will have to see Space Chimps.  That is what happens when you have little children.  

I want to see the XFiles movie, in fact I can't wait.  Hancock has been out a while, but I haven't seen it, I heard it was awful.  We only have a small theatre here, so the non- blockbuster type movies I have to drive to the city for.

I am a total movie addict.
“Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions”  - Jerry Falwell
“I want three words [on my tombstone]: 'Woman, Atheist, Anarchist'. That's me ”- Madalyn Murray O'Hair

Jolly Sapper

I guess I don't watch enough TV, I haven't heard of most of those movies coming out.  I guess I'll just wait for the DVD's to make it into Netflix's system.

Batman and Hellboy 2 sound good.  The first Hellbody movie wasn't anything special, basic action movie schlock attempting to capitalize on a fairly decent comic bood.  i just heard on the radio today that the same guy .. Guillermo Del Toro who made ,  Pan's Labyrinth (youtube trailer if you don't know what I'm talking about, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqYiSlkvRuw) (kick ass movie, not for the children) is making Hellboy 2.  I'm really interested in seeing what he does with the film.

Chimera

The main movies I want to see this summer are:

WALL•E (check)
Hancock
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
The Dark Knight

I'll also be seeing Mamma Mia! because I promised my mom I'd take her to see it on her birthday.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

crocofish

Quote from: "Jolly Sapper"i just heard on the radio today that the same guy .. Guillermo Del Toro who made ,  Pan's Labyrinth ... is making Hellboy 2.
Actually, Del Toro directed the first Hellboy movie also.  He directed it before Pan's Labyrinth.  Hellboy 2 appears to have a bigger budget than the first one.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

afreethinker30

My boys and hubsand loved Wall-e.I really enjoyed Hellboy so have to go see the second one.

rlrose328

We saw Wall-E (EXCELLENT) and Kung Fu Panda while at my mom's house last month.  I highly recommend them both.

I want to see Hancock and Hellboy II (just caught Hellboy the other day again... such fun!).   I don't want to see Dark Knight... the photos of Heath Ledger just freak me out, so I'm not up for that.

Joe watched several dozen movies while we were at Mom's house... the worst of them was 10,000 BC.  He wants to rent it again just so I don't miss out on the worst movie of the year.  LOL!

We saw the trailer for DeathRace a little while ago... how could they remake such a fun, campy movie into something that looks so dark!  Ugh.

Looking forward to:
The Mummy (whatever number they're on now... LOVE Brendan Fraser)
Religulous
Meet Dave
Journey to the Center of the Earth (Yup... Brendan again... hehe)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Jolly Sapper

Quote from: "crocofish"
Quote from: "Jolly Sapper"i just heard on the radio today that the same guy .. Guillermo Del Toro who made ,  Pan's Labyrinth ... is making Hellboy 2.
Actually, Del Toro directed the first Hellboy movie also.  He directed it before Pan's Labyrinth.  Hellboy 2 appears to have a bigger budget than the first one.

hmm.. This I did not know.  WHOO HOO.. one step closer to enlightenment!